Xbox One Xbox One Launch Title Install Sizes Revealed

I however dont see this as a problem i ALWAYS go buy my games from a store i never download them off of xbox live its just what ive always done...but i do plan on installing some of them to the xbox but it wont take up a whole lot of my space but it does kinda suck how small the hard drive is in the new xbox

Sorry to ruin your positive outlook, but it has already been officially been announced that all disc games need to be installed onto the hard drive in order to play them.

Seems odd that CoD: Ghosts requires nothing short of 40 gigabytes. Have they really improved the texture/model quality that much? According to reviews on PC, it's pretty much the same as the MW and Black Ops games, and they all hovered around 6-7GB install sizes. Wonder how many discs the boxed version will come with.

Seems odd that CoD: Ghosts requires nothing short of 40 gigabytes. Have they really improved the texture/model quality that much? According to reviews on PC, it's pretty much the same as the MW and Black Ops games, and they all hovered around 6-7GB install sizes. Wonder how many discs the boxed version will come with.

CoD Ghosts is 2 discs. One is install and the other is play. The size is amazingly large for current gen graphics. I was pretty shocked to see that.

That seems like a complete fail. Even though the high hardware capabilities of the XboxOne, i still doubt the chance they would allow such modifications. But who knows.
BTW, DIY is also a chance.
Sad, though

That is a huge issue!
Might as well consider to buy external drive, if one exists

The cloud really helps a lot in this case. Those sizes are quite big, to be honest

The cloud really helps a lot in this case. Those sizes are quite big, to be honest

They seem like average sizes. nothing to be worried about. All the graphics and those GB of software have to go somewhere eventually, right?

They seem like average sizes. nothing to be worried about. All the graphics and those GB of software have to go somewhere eventually, right?

That's what the "cloud" is eventually for, right? so you don't even have to think about internal memory - just kick back and relax

Well think about though, how often do you revisit say MW2 or BO1. Rarely. So Ghosts, for example, may be on your HDD now but in say 2 years it will be two titles back most likely in CoD and you will never play it so you can just uninstall it to make room. Then reinstall on the rare chance you want to play again and just uinstall another game you don't play anymore. Mild PITA but nothing "console breaking" IMO

Holy smokes. Are you... nah, you're not kidding me. These launch games with big game sizes really shows us: with next-gen already here, the games will increase in size thanks to the fact we're getting crispy graphics, advanced systems and more. Of course. PC games have shown these kind of sizes over the years and now, the next-gen will show us this. Look at the Ghosts! 39GB. Yup, it's ideal to buy an external HDD for all our needs. Sometimes, I'm wondering if it's good to go all digital.

Wow. I'm really seeing sizes go up, and up and up. I'm a regular PS3 and PC player, and I'm just amazed that I have to find ways to keep up with the sizes. Add to the fact that my internet connection ain't much so though I'm a digital downloader, I may have to really buy the discs when I get the Xbox One, unless I increase the speed of the internet. Seriously, Ghosts is 39GB? Ryse is 34GB? Yowza!

Wow. I'm really seeing sizes go up, and up and up. I'm a regular PS3 and PC player, and I'm just amazed that I have to find ways to keep up with the sizes. Add to the fact that my internet connection ain't much so though I'm a digital downloader, I may have to really buy the discs when I get the Xbox One, unless I increase the speed of the internet. Seriously, Ghosts is 39GB? Ryse is 34GB? Yowza!

I'm wondering what the size of future games will be, especially maybe the next GTA. If Rockstar decides to make the entire San Andreas (just assuming), they could upscale the size to 100GB... ohh! Man, a 100GB game is something that will amaze me. That's going to be a mammoth to me.

i wonder how a apple time capsule would fair once they get the external systems working.

they offer a 2t wireless router that can be wired in. my e3000 gaming router is wired in my xb1. would be nice to have a wirless with a hd and everything else i have is apple at this point.

Back