Xbox One Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4 - Opinions

The PlayStation 4 isn't as nice to look at as the Xbox ONE, but game wise I felt like the PlayStation 4 had slightly more power, as the games just felt smoother than they did in the Xbox.

Having said that, as a media centre then the Xbox wins so like I said I'm not going to pick one over the other. I've got both, and happy about that.

As much in the minority I am on this, Zoo Tycoon is in my top five favorite games of this generation. Forza Motorsport 5 is probably my second favorite racing game of all time (right behind F-Zero GX) which sucks a little bit since although I also loved Forza Horizon 2, Motorsport 6 was a step down, at least to me.

PS4 seems to be leading in game reliability and server stability, where xbox 1 is leading in accessories and strong titles. There's a lot of ps4 throwaway titles, but we will see what happens when vr launches. VR is gonna be the proving ground, one of the craziest years in gaming history for sure

VR like you say us going to be a huge leap into the unknown for both Sony and Microsoft and it could affect the gaming industry more than anything else has for a long time.

I've heard an argument that said Microsoft will lead the way and beat so by hands down when it comes to VR, just like it did with the Kinect as opposed to Sony's move system, but I'm not sure if that should have any bearing on it.

I actually didn't know HoloLens would have anything to do with Xbox. I just thought it was a separate thing.

^ The will integrate all of their media outlets they can, and hololens has a ton of gaming applications. Think of VR/AR as 2 sides of the same coin, both bridging and branching each other together, both basically being as big of a leap forward for people as the internet was

I imagine the HoloLens will be more expensive than PlayStation VR if that factors into anything, although it'll also be much different.

I know it's still maybe a bit too early, but as a price been quoted yet as to how much we're going to be looking at for either system?

Even a ballpark figure would give us some idea of what to expect. Are we going to be pleasantly surprised or are we looking at re-mortgaging the house?

Oculus is aiming for $300 I believe, 200-400 is the price point for headsets. They want them around $229 ideally from what I understand, but they think they can milk them for longer at $300 until the people that spent more want more opponents and stuff. Once it's launched, they can discount it with bundles, etc.

That's not actually as much as I thought to be honest and if it's as good as what we hope...And I stress the point IF...it's that good, I'm sure that affordable to most people.

Steady on...the prices are starting to creep up a bit now, haha!

I did think those prices sounded pretty reasonable, but when you start talking maybe $600+ for the headset, my interest is starting to cool a little.

Wow yeah, they did bump it to $599 as confirmed on reddit. I blame facebook, htc vive totally the better deal now. The problem with oculus is that it comes with so pitfully little compared to the vive that 599 seems so steep, they definitely were saying $300 within the last year as well.

With the prices being so expensive, it seems that yet again what could be a major technological revolution won't be as popular as it should because the company's are puttting money first instead if the consumers.

Wouldn't it be better to sell 500,000 units at $199 than sell 50,000 units at $599? Surely with a device such as this, the main thing is to get the popularity up and its not all just about making money.

Well the worst part is you need a super expensive high end gaming rig to use the Oculus Rift.

I have seen some pretty impressive rigs that get it done under $700, but you have to be picky and hit a few discounts. A decent rig right around $700 is just about the benchmark, but you could spend a little more for a lot more quality.

Again though, while $700 might not be a massive amount of money, it is if you're only spending that cash on something to play on. When you consider you can get a decent OC build that will play all the newer games for around $350, can you really justify spending the extra $350 just for this, no matter how good it us?

Yeah, plus that's $700 + $600 for the headset you're still well over the $1000 range.

I would definitely stick with the Xbox, I'm not a hater of PS4 or anything like that, but I simply believe the way your command is being received from a Xbox joystick to be more accurate and even faster than a PS4 controller.

As I'm a huge lover of FIFA games, this aspect has been very important for me through the course of years, as in this game, even one half of a second it count as it might lose the possession of the ball and because of that you could lose an entire match, depending on who you're playing against.

Yeah, plus that's $700 + $600 for the headset you're still well over the $1000 range.

yeah, that's pretty harsh now. I believe the morpheus for playstation is still slated to be inexpensive, something around $200, it was already supposed to be less than the others when they were still expected to be $300~400. I think the prices right now are just huge cash grabs, will go down in like 5 years...business ruins everything...

Back