Xbox One Xbox spying on us?

You sure are defending something that is spying on everyone...and possibly murdering consoles.

I'm just saying we don't know that Xbox One is spying on us or killing other consoles. I don't believe X1 is malicious at all. The other consoles can be mean, plus you'll be glad that X1 is maybe watching you while you sleep when zombified Atari and Colecovision consoles are roaming the streets looking for thumbs and brains and warn you otherwise. Then we'll see if X1 is "spying" on everyone.

Given how much heat the government is getting for spying on people, I doubt Microsoft is going to risk a lawsuit (or millions of them) and the collective bad will they would get just to gather a little more data. They get infinitely more just knowing what you buy on your xbox live account than they could get from a camera on your kinect.

It really is the standard see what you're playing, how long you're playing, and what to maybe advertise to you. Nothing extreme.

That's enough to get people worked up even though it's just stats that are mostly available anyway.

Is it just game stat collecting and not sending subliminal advertising to you after you pass out on the couch from a night of gaming?

...I'm done.

Is it just game stat collecting and not sending subliminal advertising to you after you pass out on the couch from a night of gaming?

...I'm done.

Yeah, I'm done too. You know what, I'd like to just play normally and enjoy myself. Sometimes, worrying so much just wastes more time in our hands. But whatever, let the NSA or whatever is looking at me do whatever they want.

Now, if the government had access to the Kinect, then I might believe them using them to passively spy on people.

Even if they did have access to Kinect they're not going to actually catch much if anything.

...as if Kinect is activated by the sound of Barry White and Prince and the government knows they're going to see part of a possible several parter in the living room.

As creepy as that would be, I would laugh if Kinect was activated by R&B, jazz, and miscellaneous other baby making music.

While I'm not 100% concerned about the Xbox One spying on me, the fact is that of course we're being spied on. We all know it from even before the Snowden revelation. The NSA/Government has been spying on us for years, watching our phone calls, looking at our browsing history and emails. But I'm not 100% convinced that anything is happening via the home consoles.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but if you go on the web to look at your profile, one of the default privacy settings is ALLOW by default.

Share content made using Kinect
Decide to allow or block sharing content you create on Xbox One with Kinect outside of Xbox Live.

I turned this to BLOCK as I can't really think of anything I video with the Kinect I would want
to be seen outside Xbox Live.

It all sounds very paranoid and conspiracy theory-esque to me. I'll grant you that SOME conspiracy theories have valid points, but I think this one is a bit of a stretch. As for the HR and stuff that could be possible- it could certainly be useful for 'work out' style games and such, but what way are you worried about that information being used?

Yeah. The thing is it's not like any of your info is compromised. The only thing compromised on this would be your own privacy. (If this were true though)

Our information maybe a bit compromised and with reports that consoles and services are being hacked, I can admit that the Kinect made me nervous. That's why I'm happy with the fact that we can turn it off. Other than not I'm not 100% concerned because it wasn't about info for me, it's more an issue of privacy then anything else.

Back