Xbox One Xbox spying on us?

I've never believed in these rumours, people are way too paranoid sometimes :rolleyes:.

It all sounds very paranoid and conspiracy theory-esque to me. I'll grant you that SOME conspiracy theories have valid points, but I think this one is a bit of a stretch. As for the HR and stuff that could be possible- it could certainly be useful for 'work out' style games and such, but what way are you worried about that information being used?

I cannot say much, but I will say that I have worked for Microsoft. It is not just the NSA that you have to worry about. I do know for a fact that they do spy on their users as well as use their collected data to make their services better. With that said, everyone is doing the same thing, it isn't something that is just solely Microsoft. What I do not like about the Xbox One is that it has the ability to use voice and video as well. The only redeeming thing I can say about their collection of data is that they typically do not single a person out, the data collected is for the most part nameless, and only used to enrich their services - as far as I know anyway :) Where it becomes a problem is if they are hacked - kind of like Sony was, that data can get into the wrong hands.

I cannot say much, but I will say that I have worked for Microsoft. It is not just the NSA that you have to worry about. I do know for a fact that they do spy on their users as well as use their collected data to make their services better. With that said, everyone is doing the same thing, it isn't something that is just solely Microsoft. What I do not like about the Xbox One is that it has the ability to use voice and video as well. The only redeeming thing I can say about their collection of data is that they typically do not single a person out, the data collected is for the most part nameless, and only used to enrich their services - as far as I know anyway :) Where it becomes a problem is if they are hacked - kind of like Sony was, that data can get into the wrong hands.

Ooooooh. So that's how they do their thing? I'm still a bit wary about that though. Then again, who knows how many have done what Microsoft is doing now? I don't think Microsoft is the only doing this, so what you have revealed here does add some background to this thing about the spying stuff.

Yes, their secret got out! They are also using subliminal messages to brainwash you into quitting your job and playing more games everyday! They are monitoring you to see if it works and to find better ways to brainwash if it doesn't!
On a more serious note though, do you really think they have the staff to monitor 1 MILLION OR MORE people? Think about it!

There has been talks about it. But Microsoft openly admits that the Kinect is keep track of the users through the new Kinect. But they did say the NSA or other gov't groups aren't spying on us. Nope, not a chance they said. But I don't know, it still creeps me out. I'm a bit stingy about this.

The NSA can check out my junk all they want. I have no political ambitions. LOL

Yes, their secret got out! They are also using subliminal messages to brainwash you into quitting your job and playing more games everyday! They are monitoring you to see if it works and to find better ways to brainwash if it doesn't!
On a more serious note though, do you really think they have the staff to monitor 1 MILLION OR MORE people? Think about it!
Hahahahaha. You know, you make a point. Do they have the staff to monitor that many people? You know what... whatever. Let them handle it. If they want to do it, fine. That's their thing. You and I just spend our good hours playing the games while the staff spends their time watching us, keeping note of our behavior. I'd rather just enjoy my time killing zombies than watching somebody or other people for 8 hours a day :p

It sounds a bit extreme to be true. What are they going to gain from spying on us? Find out what the average gamer looks like. Plus, I don't think that they would want to be seeing everything that happens in front of a Kinect, that would be nasty.

It sounds a bit extreme to be true. What are they going to gain from spying on us? Find out what the average gamer looks like. Plus, I don't think that they would want to be seeing everything that happens in front of a Kinect, that would be nasty.

Who knows? The world's a-changing. They're not too clear on what they spy or not spy on gamers. It's ambiguous if you ask me. They assure us that they don't spy on everything but sometimes, it doesn't feel really solid on us. Well, again, who knows? This thing isn't yet a norm for all of us so we'll just have to see how this all goes.

What I am just as concerned about is what are some people doing that they are so worried about the Gov't seeing?????

For my family, the living room is used to watch TV, play with the dogs, have a couple drinks now and then with a few friends,
maybe I do an Al Bundy with my hand down my pants once in a while, an occasional kiss/grope session with my girl, eat once in a while, walk thru in my undies on the way to the bathroom and that's about it.

I can't think of anything I do that would worry me if someone found out about it.

The NSA can check out my junk all they want. I have no political ambitions. LOL

Hahaha. Yeah, what would they see anyway? Me, I don't have much to show in the online world anyway. Let the NSA check me out. Hahaha, but back to the topic, well, it's a radical thing, this thing where Kinect is looking at us, checking out our behavior. Not sure how it'll develop as this goes on but we'll see.

When Xbox One sends a notice directed to you saying "Xbox One noticed you were eating chicken wings last week. Maybe this week you'd like chicken wings from one of our partners." Then you get worried and make extra strength foil hats.

When Xbox One sends a notice directed to you saying "Xbox One noticed you were eating chicken wings last week. Maybe this week you'd like chicken wings from one of our partners." Then you get worried and make extra strength foil hats.

Hahahahahahaha....... oh damn, if that ever happens, I'd be totally creeped. "Xbox One noticed you were twerking. Would you like to have some Miley Cyrus albums?" Crap! Not cool! Oh we are moving into that time... we are moving into that time.

I could see that happen where Xbox One actually tells you it noticed something and suggests something else. "You have been playing Xbox 360 an alarming amount lately. Is something wrong?" As if it's waiting for an answer. You'll have to actually answer Xbox One.

Concerned Xbox One :(

...then you wake up one morning to find a broken 360 controller and the HDD in your bed before screaming. Xbox One sending messages.

We don't know that Xbox One killed Xbox 360 and if it did 360 probably had it coming. 360 says nothing but "Wrrrrl..." (fan noise) and Xbox One probably asked it a question. Maybe 360 is impolite, you know?

Back