Xbox One Xbox's Marc Whitten Leaves Microsoft

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Xbox corporate vice president Marc Whitten has left Microsoft. After 14 years, "the Xbox team is sad to share today that Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer of Xbox, will be leaving the team to become Chief Product Officer of Sonos."

Whitten's team will report to Terry Myerson, "executive vice president that oversees the teams building the software platform and experiences for Windows, Windows Phone and Xbox."

At the Game Developers Conference this week, Marc Whitten was scheduled to host an Xbox One-centric "fireside chat," which has since been handed to Microsoft Game Studios VP Phil Spencer. Whitten's last day at Microsoft will be March 21.

Source: IGN

Well this a bummer since Whitten was a integrate part of the vision and focus behind the Xbox brand and it will be sad to see him leave. With so many changes and restructuring moves happening at MSFT, one can start to feel a little uneasy about the future of the console. It is interesting to note that Playstation had an interesting departure just last week with Jack Tretton leaving the company. So does change worry you for the future of Xbox? Leave your thoughts below!

not really. the xbox division has gone thru 180's pre launch with drm,digital and such.. lost a big previously,along with a ceo iirc..
like 4 games have come out since the console launch.. and 8ish are in then ext few months

we could loose larry hurb and it wouldn't mean a damn honestly.

Source: IGN

Well this a bummer since Whitten was a integrate part of the vision and focus behind the Xbox brand and it will be sad to see him leave. With so many changes and restructuring moves happening at MSFT, one can start to feel a little uneasy about the future of the console. It is interesting to note that Playstation had an interesting departure just last week with Jack Tretton leaving the company. So does change worry you for the future of Xbox? Leave your thoughts below!

Hmm, I have no worries about it but Jack Tretton and Marc Whitten might have moved to another company (probably the same) and are working together to make something better for gaming (Just a hunch)

Hmmmm.... not much in the updates for Xbox company so I'm not sure what to think. But seeing as how he was an integral part of the MSFT, then it's interesting to see how MSFT will cope with this.

It irks me a bit how the integral key players for these companies suddenly leave. But maybe it's just a way for the company to try and cope, and hopefully, grow their way into success. Better hope they can do this well.

I think MSFT will do fine. After all, many companies lose their key people and still, they get up and rise. They'll be fine. But if MSFT begins to show bad signs after all this.... eh, well, it's natural.

I think MSFT will do fine. After all, many companies lose their key people and still, they get up and rise. They'll be fine. But if MSFT begins to show bad signs after all this.... eh, well, it's natural.

I agree. Nothing to worry about here. It's only natural that the company goes on even when it's good people leave.

I have to agree. MSFT is not falling (yet). What matters is how they'll cope with this.

I always worry about my favorite game system dying when things like this happens (i.e.: Sega), but Microsoft is a bigger company, have been around for years and seem to be dedicated to the Xbox gaming systems. If this changes, nothing we can do. But for now, I believe things are fine.

J

Hopefully these new people can come up with a better game plan and point Xbox in the right direction now. It was time for some changes.

Hopefully these new people can come up with a better game plan and point Xbox in the right direction now. It was time for some changes.

Yeah, I gotta agree. I hope the new people can do something well for MSFT for their future.

Yeah, I hope so as well. I know they can do something to make MSFT rise to the occassion.

I think MSFT will be fine. As I said, it's natural the big companies will lose their key people. It's how they get through and rise to the occasion matters.

Yeah, it'll survive. As long as it doesn't suffer the mishap SEGA had after Dreamcast, it'll be fine.

Doesn't make me worry at all, as upper management does move around from time to time. Kind of a strange field change though. From the huge, massive, all encompassing Microsoft to speakers? It will be interesting to see what his replacement brings to the table.

Doesn't make me worry at all, as upper management does move around from time to time. Kind of a strange field change though. From the huge, massive, all encompassing Microsoft to speakers? It will be interesting to see what his replacement brings to the table.

I wonder who replaced him and who got him to be honest. Haha. Anyways I agree with your statement jstep.

Makes sense. Better hope it doesn't bring MSFT down. All we can do is just watch and wait what happens.

That's an interesting change indeed. The speakers are taking the stage (no pun intended). I wonder how it'll change MSFT from here on out.

From the big ones to the speakers. Yeah, it's interesting to see how it all goes from here.

Back