Xbox One Xbox's Marc Whitten Leaves Microsoft

Doesn't make me worry at all, as upper management does move around from time to time. Kind of a strange field change though. From the huge, massive, all encompassing Microsoft to speakers? It will be interesting to see what his replacement brings to the table.

I hope that his replacement will do better.

not really. the xbox division has gone thru 180's pre launch with drm,digital and such.. lost a big previously,along with a ceo iirc..
like 4 games have come out since the console launch.. and 8ish are in then ext few months

we could loose larry hurb and it wouldn't mean a damn honestly.

Majopr Nelson would not have any sort of meaningful impact if he left. Whitten has been one of the key individuals in the success of the Xbox and Xbox 360 and was responsible for all the great games that came to the console. As far as the 180, that was hardware and had nothing to do with him. Regarding the lack of games in the first few months...welcome to a console launch. Didn't you see it coming from past experiences?

Hmm, I have no worries about it but Jack Tretton and Marc Whitten might have moved to another company (probably the same) and are working together to make something better for gaming (Just a hunch)

Whitten went to work for Sonos like the OP says.

New people at the helm may not always be bad for a product like XBox. After a certain amount of time creativity dips especially with such game platforms and hopefully anyone new who joins will bring something innovative to take the XBox far ahead of competition.

New people at the helm may not always be bad for a product like XBox. After a certain amount of time creativity dips especially with such game platforms and hopefully anyone new who joins will bring something innovative to take the XBox far ahead of competition.

Yeah,hopefully. But like other people who left the companies they were at, they had better replacements for them.

I think MSFT will be fine. As I said, it's natural the big companies will lose their key people. It's how they get through and rise to the occasion matters.

These big guys just want to expand there resume. The company needs someone fresh with a new vision for the company to take it to new heights.

Back