Xbox 360 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand Reviews

How would you rate 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand?

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 50.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 1 - Not worth playing

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
So you want to know if a game is any good before you buy it? Below you can find the reviews for 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand. Reviews tell you what the pros and cons are of a game, how the game plays, if the story line is any good, the ESRB Rating, number of players, genre, multiplayer options…You get the idea. We put everything all in one place for you so you’ll be able to figure out if the game is right for you. If you have any questions that the reviews didn’t answer, start a new thread on the forum. Played the game already? Rate it above and tell us why you did or didn’t like it. Better yet, write your own user review!

4 out of 5 - G4 TV
Read the full review here: Direct Link
Let’s get it out there right off the bat: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is good. When I say good, I don’t mean so bad it’s good, that it’s ironically good, that it’s a guilty pleasure or any other excuse people might use. It’s just good.
7.1 out of 10 - IGN
There's no mistaking that this is a fun game to play -- particularly with a buddy -- but it's in no way excellent. Though I'd love nothing more than for people to put some coin in Fiddy's piggy bank, I'd recommend renting rather than buying.​
6.5 out of 10 - Official XBOX Magazine
If you’re willing to stomach the logic-defying weirdness of 50 Cent — and his chatty G-Unit cohorts — as some sort of RPG-toting, street-thug commando who can singlehandedly take on hundreds of military-trained badasses in gunships just to get paid, then you’re exactly the right gamer to appreciate Blood on the Sand as the pure dumb fun it is.
6 out of 10 - Wired
Although
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
has enough novel gimmicks in its shooting gameplay to keep things interesting, everything else is no better than average. The rapper’s die-hard fans might see the wealth of 50′s songs and music videos included as reason enough to buy the game, but anyone else is going to be underwhelmed.
7 out of 10 - Gamespot
This isn't the best action game you'll play this year, but that doesn't mean you won't have a damn fun time playing it.

Last edited:
You do not have to be a fan of 50 Cent to enjoy this cheesy slice of shoot 'em-up pie, and if you have a friend to play it with all the better. That being said, the game is pretty damn short and you will have zero inclination to play it again so it is probably better saved for a rent.

The game is pretty average. Just bleh to be honest. Nothing special at all.

I can't resist this. For anyone who saw the G4 review of this game this is for you. I can sum this game up in a simple phrase. "***** took my skull."

How was the coop in this game?

I feel bad for anyone that expected this game to amount to anything much. I mean come on, they made a game based on a gangsta rapper. I was shocked that G4 game it a 4 out of 5. I don't care about reviews to begin with, but I can't believe they'd give the game higher than a 3 out of 5 without some sort of pay off

I've dug into this game a little bit more, not very much and I haven't played it full disclosure, but I have read about it. It seems like the game itself borrows part of the Army of 2 formula and pits you into a shoot em up kind of scenario. The thing about this game from what I've read is that if you play it single player you're going to be in for a bad time. Its awful as a single player experience.

However, because it holds onto that Army of 2 style and formula of play it actually does serve as a fun but not serious game to play with your buddy. The story is ridiculous, but it seems like from a straight conversation about the mechanics of the game that it offers 5 - 6 hours of decent two player action. A 4 out of 5 is a bit high because there's no more value outside of what I just described, but if you need something on the cheap to do with your friend, that's an option.

I thought this game was pretty decent when I first got it. I guess it was because of the fact that it was one of my first games, and it was when I was much younger.

Co-Op was this game's saving grace. Single player just wasn't worth it. I will admit that the dialogue was great and hilarious when consider the cheesiness (perfect word for it) of the game.

I have a cousin who had this game and loved it. I dunno, it's not like it's a good rap to gaming transition like Def Jam Vendetta and Def Jam: Fight For New York or anything.

I liked playing with my brother, but it was definitely no Def Jam Vendetta. That was the last great AKI wrestling/fighting game.

Bah nothing's Def Jam Vendetta to you. If anyone brings up a similarity between DJV and another game you put an end to that quickfast lol

Well it's good that you acknowledge that. The sooner people stop comparing games to Def Jam Vendetta the better :mad:

...loved Def Jam Vendetta.

But Def Jam Icon wasn't a bad game. It was basically Fight For NY. It wasn't better than Fight For NY and surely not Vendetta, but still.

This really wasn't a bad game, but it was far from a good one. It was adequate. Some of those reviews by press are too high though. Blood in the Sands shouldn't even come close to a 7. It's a hard 4, soft 5.

There are some games that you can't believe people purchased as well. I liked Bulletproof but I liked Blood in the Sand more. The story was cheesy but the action was great.

I actually forgot about Bulletproof! I want to say there was a magazine that featured Bulletproof on the cover as if it was a landmark game.

Back