Xbox One A Clicker game for console?

SashaS

Clicker games have become rather popular, they're a fun and simple waste of time involving pressing the same button to earn money, then spending that money on cosmetics and faster ways to earn money. I was thinking that they could release a console game that follows a similar concept. Imagine a game, where you press the same button to gain money, but every time you buy an upgrade of sorts, it reveals something about a story of some kind, keeping the player engaged and wanting more. This game should have amazing visuals, since it's on console and there is not much in terms of gameplay, therefore there should be a focus on graphics. This game should have plenty of upgrades and cosmetic additions. The game should also be long or at least have some replay value, as you will be playing it to waste some time and you don't want it to end quickly.

Do you think such a game will succeed? Of course it should be cheaper than your average game, as you'll only really be playing it to kill some time. What would you want from a game of this genre?

This sounds like a lot of games already out there, to be completely honest. I can think of a lot of games that have DLC to keep you spending money even though each individual DLC doesn't offer that much.

I think it could definitely work. How do you see a console clicker though? I have friends that have worked on fairly successful clickers, I could easily ask them why they don't target consoles if I remember when I see them next.

This sounds like a lot of games already out there, to be completely honest. I can think of a lot of games that have DLC to keep you spending money even though each individual DLC doesn't offer that much.

I don't think you actually read my post. What I'm talking about is a certain genre of game, not DLC. It has nothing to do with provoking you to spend more money on DLC, but more of provoking you to earn money in the game and spend it on more things in the game with no ties to spending REAL money. DLC does not have to be part of the equation.

@StockSwockle, I don't think there are any console clickers yet because it's a rather niche genre, with few people interested in it because it's new and not many people know about it.

Hmm, interesting. Click only games are getting a bit more popular on the flash-only sites for sure, but I'm not sure how well the financial side of it will translate over. What are some of the clicker games you'd base your ideas around? Genuinely interested!

I'm not familiar with 'clicker' games as the OP explains it. Anyone care to explain? Are y'all talking about simulation-type games where you perform some action to earn fake game money and then turn around and buy something in the game with the fake game money? Like Farmville?

Clicker games generally are more simple and streamlined, designed around not having to do intense work for the most part, but just using a point-and-click approach to actions. They appeal to people that love simplicity.

Back