Xbox One Alternative names before 'Xbox One'

ozadin

This is a pretty humorous article since these were all the names that were in development and being discussed as the official name for the Xbox One. It seems like they wanted to include entertainment or experience from the list. After seeing all these, Xbox One was the better choice... :p

Microsoft’s ‘naming guys’ wanted to call the company’s first games console 11-X or Eleven-X, but were overruled by Seamus Blackley and his launch team.

Via: Edge Online

I thought they were going to call it Xbox 720.

I think I remember hearing about that too, but thinking about it now 11-X is pretty funny. For some reason it reminds me of one of those drinks from 7-11, then again last night before the fireworks I was stuck with the kids watching the movie Escape from Planet Earth.

I think I remember hearing about that too, but thinking about it now 11-X is pretty funny. For some reason it reminds me of one of those drinks from 7-11, then again last night before the fireworks I was stuck with the kids watching the movie Escape from Planet Earth.

Haha, that's not the worst movie. But I don't know if Xbox One was the best name for the new console but it definitely got people talking.

This is a pretty humorous article since these were all the names that were in development and being discussed as the official name for the Xbox One.

It appears the article discusses the alternate names for the original Xbox and not Xbox One.

I thought they were going to call it Xbox 720.

Xbox 720 would have been a horrible name for the new game system. It would have given the public the impression that the console is only capable of doing 720p resolution.

It appears the article discusses the alternate names for the original Xbox and not Xbox One.

Well, that's a pretty embarrassing mistake, thanks for pointing it out. I'm guessing at least some of the names were discussed when choosing Xbox One.

The working title was the Durango, but I don't think they were really considering it. They just needed something to call it while it was in development, and also something to throw off 'spies' and other people like that. It's the same thing they do with new movies while they're still in development.

In the weeks leading up to Microsoft's announcement, a lot of people were convinced that it was going to be called the Xbox Infinity. There was some kind of logo (a figure 8) alongside the Xbox logo that was circulating, but I'm fairly confident that it was either fan-made or just a placeholder. I don't love the Xbox One name, but it's far better than some of the rumored alternatives.

I heard that they do not want to release headsets for the xbox one console.

I thought I heard a rumor about it being called the Xbox infinity at one point. That may have been just idle conversation between my mates and I.

I think that there were websites that were publishing the patent that Microsoft filled out at the time they were developing the Xbox One. If I had a console it would probably take more time to come up with a name then it would to come up with the games and specs that I'd want to see in it.

PlayStation took the easy route this time. PS 19 incoming. Xbox ???

Well, hey, I guess there ARE worse titles than Xbox One after all! That's sad.

the general community name was xbox720... if you followed the discussions leading up to the press release and internet chatter it was the name that produced the most info.
the 2 week name before xbox live launch was infiniti and had the 8 logo turned sideways or something iirc
durango was the development teams word for the new console. it was also in a few articles before infiniti and 720 but was only used as the code name durango console ect ect.. it never really stuck.

their was also a names used for a few weeks.. XBOX but people felt it would be confused with origonal xbox in articles and search engines which was why it was such a short lived idea.

I thought I heard a rumor about it being called the Xbox infinity at one point. That may have been just idle conversation between my mates and I.

I think that there were websites that were publishing the patent that Microsoft filled out at the time they were developing the Xbox One. If I had a console it would probably take more time to come up with a name then it would to come up with the games and specs that I'd want to see in it.

PlayStation took the easy route this time. PS 19 incoming. Xbox ???

Right - at some point Sony needs to consider new names for their consoles. I'm all for PlayStation, but if I hear about a PlayStation 5 in the future I'm going to do a massive facepalm. I don't know what they would call it, but honestly anything that isn't a number would work just fine at this point.

It might be more fun to come up with what names the Playstation will chose in the future then rename the One. I'm sure that's partially why it's called the One. Because there are going to be gamers out there who are talking about the new gen console and just say "Hey I heard the One is going to implant mind commercials into us."

"cool!"

The reboots of games aught to have some fun titles as well. "Halo Master's Edition" sorta stuff.

Has anybody heard the news that they were about to call it Xbox Sucks?

Lol, Just kidding guys. You know, I would have preferred the 720. It would be in line with the previous console. 11-X though? Where the heck did these guys get the name. Maybe they were just trying to make the news. Which, in this case, they did.

Back