Xbox One Amazon Acquires Killer Instinct Developer

Amazon will have a ton of money regardless with the amount of side services and Prime (with their main retail stuff). I think the only restriction to what Double Helix will be able to do is that they're using Android.

I've seen some great looking games on Android, so it's not like you're guaranteed to have a subpar looking game or anything. It's likely and the usual, but not what you'll always turn up with.

I figured that by picking up Double Helix they were going for something that would be major console quality...by Android console standards. While I'm curious about the games, I'm more interested in how they're going to push this thing out there.

...seems like Android consoles are cheap and quick to make that everyone is doing one.

...seems like Android consoles are cheap and quick to make that everyone is doing one.

I agree. well the thing is android consoles are less powerful compared to the gaming consoles that we have so they are relatively cheaper than the rest.

I agree. well the thing is android consoles are less powerful compared to the gaming consoles that we have so they are relatively cheaper than the rest.

Question is: can they find the market that will want those? Most people already have their smartphones for playing the Android games on-the-go. Those Android consoles have a lot to do if they want to convince people that Android games should be played at home as well.

Question is: can they find the market that will want those? Most people already have their smartphones for playing the Android games on-the-go. Those Android consoles have a lot to do if they want to convince people that Android games should be played at home as well.

I agree, well it would be really difficult to market it unless they come up with features on par with the consoles that we have now.

Android games aren't all that great, there are some (well mostly RPG games) that I think would have a nice switch to Xbox One, but they are mostly on the lower end of the graphics. I don't mind seeing some android games on Xbox One as long as they can make it really nice and graphics wise it should be extravagant.

I wish they could really improve killer instinct. It isn't that exciting as the previous games. I'd rather wait for something new about it. Maybe some new game modes and new moves that they can think of.

I wish they could really improve killer instinct. It isn't that exciting as the previous games. I'd rather wait for something new about it. Maybe some new game modes and new moves that they can think of.

Well to be honest I've started liking the game. It's really a great game to kill time. When I'm bored I play it.

Back