Xbox One Apologies Regarding Twitter Post

SmokinBarrels

From
Connecticut
After a Microsoft employee made rude remarks on a particular matter(details at: https://www.xboxforums.com/threads/3916) on the Xbox 720 Microsoft sprung into action.

UberGizmo.com says:

"Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Orth sent out some tweets responding to recent rumors regarding the Xbox 720 requiring an always-on internet connection for playing games, saying that he doesn’t get all of the hue and cry about an always-on console. Rumor has it that the next generation Xbox will be completely useless if it is not connected to the internet, users will not be able to play any games at all. Microsoft has not yet confirmed whether or not this is true about the upcoming Xbox, but it did release an official statement regarding the tweets Adam posted.

Microsoft says that it apologizes for inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter and reminds us that Adam is not a spokesperson for the company, adding that his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach Microsoft takes towards its products or the way in which they directly communicate with their “loyal consumers”. Apology aside, the company makes no mention about Xbox 720. It merely says that they have not yet made any announcement about their product roadmap and that they do not have any further comment on this particular matter."

(http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/04/microsoft-apologizes-for-employees-comments-about-xbox-720/)

Not the first time this happens over on twitter. People just say stuff with a hot head and forget that they are related to a company. Then they have to do the damage control and no one gains anything from this type of stuff.

Because, it's not even the theme that is controversial, it's the way that idiot said his opinion that left everyone butthurt.

I still don't know what to say. The fact that he got so soooooo mad over it makes me think that the 720 will require one to be always-online. Yet, I would like to think that no company is stupid enough to actually try to pull that one of! So I'm just waiting to see what happens, now...

That decision would be a big blunder... I love the Xbox console, but the internet out here is... spotty, not a very good match for that kind of a console. But this type of argument is exactly why I don't use twitter... that's all you ever hear about it, just someone offending other people.... so annoying!

That decision would be a big blunder... I love the Xbox console, but the internet out here is... spotty, not a very good match for that kind of a console. But this type of argument is exactly why I don't use twitter... that's all you ever hear about it, just someone offending other people.... so annoying!

Naw, Twitter ain't that bad. Might even be good source of news for the stuff you care about, if you follow the right people and such. Of course the negative things such as this guy's discussion with that other guy stand out and becoming more popular than other stuff; it's what news are like now. Bad news > good news, apparently.

It's not the point that "Oh everyone is just about online all the time anyway." It's about I bought it, you shouldn't add some stupid restriction that doesn't allow me to play it just because I have no internet. The 360 is a perfect example of this. If you don't have Xbox Live, honestly, you are missing out on a good half of the entire Xbox experience. The big difference is you can still experience the core of the Xbox experience, which is gaming. I can still play the amazing game Bioshock Infinite (which everybody needs to get, but that's another topic) whether or not my shoddy internet connection is working. I can still enjoy some Halo 4 campaign on my own despite not having internet. I cannot enjoy the online experience, but that's obvious since you can't play online without online... But why i need internet to play something solo is just a stupid necessity... X_X

Back