Are gamers becoming even less social than they already are?

I think the problem with trying to find a trend of social activity vs inactivity is preference...how many people really -wanted- to be social before video games? If video games are causing a negative experience as a result of loss of social ties, that's one thing, but if people are enjoying themselves more by -not- being social, I think people should talk about that at least as much.

It's just causing people to be social in different ways, and in the past I myself have gone round to friends houses and they've come to mine to play games, and that still happens, hust not as much.

Now we find it easier to play online, and just because we're not sat in the same room, we're still interacting with each other, but just in a different way.

I'd love to talk with randoms while playing, but we are usually in a party with my partner in crime. But yeah, I need to find time to do it more often!

Talking to randoms as you put it, isn't always recommended from my experience as you do find alsorts of wiered and wonderful people around on the internet!

I think that's why most people only play with friends or gamers that they know and trust, because we've had the misfortune to meet a few less than friendly people on there in the past.

Back