Xbox One Are you getting the Xbox One? (Pre-E3)

Are you getting the Xbox One? (Pre-E3)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
This is a poll asking if you are getting the Xbox One console when it is released. Feel free to let everyone know what your choice is now and we'll make another poll after E3 to see if you changed your mind or not.

I had to give this a 'not sure yet'. It really should be too soon for anyone to know. I did think the reveal was incredibly cool. I was wowed by the features for cable TV, but being as how I haven't had cable for years now, I wouldn't be able to even use them much. In the realm of gaming, they mostly talked about games that aren't up my alley. There will have to be a killer game that I just can't live without to make me get one. Hopefully more than one.

At the moment, I am probably going to get both consoles. However, if I had to choose just one I have not decided.

I feel like all these new kinect features are cool but it isn't really something that I'd ever use. I rarely watch TV nowadays anyway. I like microsoft as a company but the direction I see the console going isn't where I want to be.

I'm sure they know what they're doing.

I voted for no. I think the PS4 appeals to me more, and having owned PS1 and PS2 also, it makes the most sense to me that I will get a PS4 too. The Xbox One just doesn't appeal to me all that much. I still think when it is fully released though, it will be a great console and equally as successful as the PS4.

Probably getting all the next gen consoles again including Xbox One. I think E3 is going to seal the deal for a TON of people. My friends were upset that they didn't show anything but the console stuff at the recent conference but I think it was a really smart move on Microsoft's part to do that, so now they can focus just on games at E3, which would be the first time in years a developer was able to actually do that. :D

I've basically already decided that I want a PS4. I have a Vita and I'm playing for a Playstation Plus subscription just for the Vita. Once they add the Instant Game Collection to the PS4 (which will most likely take a while) I will be all set. Plus, Sony has better exclusives IMO.

But still, time will tell. I will not get anything at launch so I will see how it unfolds and then make an educated decision.

I voted for the "Not Sure Yet" option as well. After seeing the points made by White And Nerdy in the Xbox One vs PS4 thread, I am reconsidering about giving the Xbox One a chance. A lot of people seem to already hate the fact that Microsoft is turning the Xbox into an all-in-one console. This is a very risky thing for Microsoft to do, and I applaud them for that. It's basically a hit or miss situation. Either people will like it, or it will be the worst console to exist.

As for the PS4, there is barely any information being released about it, so I don't know the current status. One thing I do know is that the Sony is in the same situation that Microsoft in. The Xbox One might even be the most popular console of 2013, but as Claptrap said, time will tell. E3 is coming close, I'm sure a lot of information will be released at that event.

I voted for the "Not Sure Yet" option as well. After seeing the points made by White And Nerdy in the Xbox One vs PS4 thread, I am reconsidering about giving the Xbox One a chance. A lot of people seem to already hate the fact that Microsoft is turning the Xbox into an all-in-one console. This is a very risky thing for Microsoft to do, and I applaud them for that. It's basically a hit or miss situation. Either people will like it, or it will be the worst console to exist.

As for the PS4, there is barely any information being released about it, so I don't know the current status. One thing I do know is that the Sony is in the same situation that Microsoft in. The Xbox One might even be the most popular console of 2013, but as Claptrap said, time will tell. E3 is coming close, I'm sure a lot of information will be released at that event.

I think its pretty hard to beat the GameCube with the "Worst console to exist" title. Just my opinion though xD

I really want to get the new Xbox but there's a few features that seem to be slightly off-putting for me so I am not sure yet. I don't like that it would be monitoring me while I watch TV and stuff. It just feels a bit too big brother for me. I am also not liking the fact that it has no backwards compatibility. I will wait and see as more news regarding features gets released. As of right now I would be more likely to get the new Xbox rather than PS4 though. Sony seems to be keeping a lot of the information under wraps for E3. We'll see how it goes. Maybe Microsoft blows me away with their E3 presentation.

dunno yet, the used games fee is really really off putting so hopefully that gets settled out at e3 or early on in it's release. Other then that I don't really care about most of the features but I do care about my gamerscore and wanna see what new exclusives there are so as long as the used game thing gets settled out I'll be getting it just like I have all 3 current gen and will (eventually) have all 3 next gens.

I am going to wait a while. To see what both have to offer after E3. I'm not really on Xbox side at the moment as they are concentrating on more than just gaming. Taking the orignal focus away. I can see the PS4 doing the same. If this does happen I will be sticking with my PC from then on

I will more than likely get one, but probably not till a few months after launch. Maybe when they have their first sale. There's a lot of things I disagree with about the console itself, especially the non-backwards capability. Plus the few titles they're putting out for it off the bat, I can play on my PC. When there's a title I can't get there, that is explicitly for X1, I'll start thinking about picking one up.

Quite possibly, but I'm still very much considering the PS4. While the Xbox One reveal was a bit shaky, they've at least put a lot of rumors to bed, while also leaving many open. The specs are satisfactory to me, and the design looks to be built in a way that makes the console reliable, so those things are definitely a plus. I eagerly await more news about it before I draw any solid conclusions, and the final product will have to have been out for a while before I consider buying it.

I'm not too sure yet whether I will get the Xbox One or not. I'm not too keen on the look of the Xbox One, it's a bit chunky and looks retro.
I really am disappointed there isn't any backwards compatibility, if the Wii-U can do it why can't the Xbox One? I have to agree with pavillonnoir
too with the TV idea, I really feel uncomfortable with it monitoring me while I watch TV. I might wait for more updates and hope that at E3 they
deliver some more news on the console.

Right now, my vote is no.
We'll see what they come out with at E3, but so far it just doesn't seem to focus on gaming at all. :(
Since I'm not in the USA, most of the features like Netflix, ESPN, etc aren't even available in my country.

Since I'm not in the USA, most of the features like Netflix, ESPN, etc aren't even available in my country.
This is a big problem, indeed. Specially considering how Microsoft focused on such features during the announcement. They should make sure that all features are available in most countries.

I hadn't thought about them trying to market the console in other countries with fewer selling points like that. Also I think the console design leaves a lot to be desired, aesthetically. It looks like someone took two completely different machines and stuck them together. It sounds like a weird sticking point but dang it I want a console with just one color and texture so it matches whatever décor I want to use!

Right now, my vote is no.
We'll see what they come out with at E3, but so far it just doesn't seem to focus on gaming at all. :(

Are those available to you on PC or your local television?

I think it's kind of telling that even the more invested Xbox fans are undecided and some have even decided to vote for the PS4.

I don't really know how the casual crowd reacted to the presentation Microsoft gave, but it seems like the "internet" was really disappointed by the entire presentation. I don't think the console is bad, so at the moment I'm blaming the presentation on not giving us a good look at the Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back