Xbox One Are you getting Xbox One? (After E3)

Are you getting Xbox One? (After E3)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
So in regards to the Pre-E3 thread I posted here, many of you were not sure whether you were going to get the Xbox One yet. 5 of you said you were not getting it, and 10 said that you were getting it. So now that we've seen some exciting game announcements and trailers at E3, what is your opinion on this now? Will you be getting the Xbox One or do you stand your ground where you voted in the other thread? Let us know below, share your opinions.

Definitely getting it, I tried to pre-order at my local gamestop but they were already sold out. Hopefully Wal-Mart still has some left.

I was considering getting one anyway, just not anytime near the launch. Of course I would wait and let the consumer base determine if it is a good buy based on sales, reviews, and content but I think I was sold on a PS4 when I saw the Sony conference earlier this year and then the horrible reveal that Microsoft came with. Its still an interesting year for gaming in general and I hope every company thrives.

yea, I'm a gamer so I'll be getting all three at some point whenever I can afford them.

Admittedly, I'm more likely to get one now than I was before E3. But I'm still more likely to get a PS4 than an Xbox One. Whatever I get, it won't be for quite some time--at least not until it either goes down in price or I come into a bunch of money all of a sudden.

I get everything, why limit yourself to one console? The trick is wait until the bugs are fixed in the launch consoles and then buy one.

After E3, I'm almost certainly not. They'd have to get some sort of crazy exclusives to make me want to get one at this point. I just don't agree or support their current business model and Sony is actually listening to their audience for once. We don't want DRM, we don't want always online, and we want to trade our games.

As I have mentioned a couple of times, I am getting both.

However, if I could only choose one, my answer would have to be the PS4. I was not at all impressed with Microsoft's conference and they didn't show me ANYTHING that I honestly felt like I must play. They did show good games, but nothing that was really that good. I was very disappointed with the Xbox presentation and it is unfortunate that they look to be running backwards.

I am going to buy the One, but at this point I am not too thrilled by some of the features. I am an old school gamer (Atari anyone? Anyone?), so I don't feel great about the always-on features, or the slight towards used or borrowed games. The multiple operating systems and cloud technology does spark some of my interest though, and a few of the exclusive games were enough to have me sold. Now, to see if I can get an extra $500 in disposable income by release date...

Ive been Xbox my whole life until I heard about xbox one. I seriously loved xbox over playstation, but now Im seeing things differently. After all thats been said and done I will not be getting an xbox for the first time as well as ALL my friends. Everyone I know is switching to PS4!!! Xbox one is going to tank in my opinion and its because xbox doesnt know how to listen to the consumers. I couldnt believe my ears when i heard all the new limitations. XBOX one.......you suck really bad. I dont care what it can do.....they have royally pissed me off. If you dont fix these lame issues you have decided to go along with then you will lose big time!!

I'll probably get one later on in its life cycle but as things stand now I'm looking to purchase the PS4 before I buy the One. There's just been too many bad policy decisions on Microsoft's part that I can't agree with... and the PS4 is just looking altogether more impressive especially with the cheaper launch price. :confused:

I voted for still not sure. Honestly, Sony did really well with their press conference, considering that they missed a few downsides, like game restrictions. Overall, I think I'm probably going to get the PS4 first, and if I need some variety, I'll be sure to buy the Xbox One since they have a few exclusives.

Definitely not getting one, I already thought all the spy features were scary enough and then I read how Microsoft has been giving up photos, audio, video, etc. for 6 years now, and now they want to put a camera that can see in the dark (why would you need that?) and a array of microphones that can pick out specific voices out of a crowd.

Not only no but fu*k no.

I voted no, but I mainly mean that I won't be getting one just yet. I want to make very sure that I get as much use out of my Xbox 360 for all the time and money that I've put into it already. It's going to be a sad day when I retire the old thing, but that isn't going to be for a long, long time if I can help it.

Nope. I cannot support a company that treats you like somebody on parole (check in every 24 hours) and their greediness. Sure a business needs to make money and all that, but they are going about it the wrong way. I know it will still sell well, but when will people stand up to this! I like what someone at Guardian said: "Your console and games are merely entry tickets to Microsoft's playground – and if you don't play by its rules, you're out. You don't really own those games you bought on disc, even though you're holding them in your hands. You are merely playing them at Microsoft's pleasure, and if Microsoft should revoke its benevolence, then all you have is a set of very expensive coasters."

I basically agree with everything this article says: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/11/xbox-one-microsoft

The only way I'll buy/rent a Xbox One is if they drop those restrictions. I'm sorry if this seems like an outburst but it is what it is. I respect those who still want a Xbox one and are happy for them. I have no problem with that. This is just solely my opinion.

I've told myself long ago I'm switching back over to Sony, so no was my choice.

I have been gaming since Sears and Montgomery Wards sold their own game consoles. Just before the Atari 2600 came out. Was in my 20's then, and have played everything since. And I mean everything, Intellivision, Vectrex, Colecovision, Magnavox, 3DO, Genesis, and on and on... Genesis, Saturn,... even the Neo Geo I cannot understand how someone can see the what the Xbox One offers, and not be chomping at the bit to get one. This will be the most advanced piece of hardware out there. While I will get a PS4, as I get all the machine (except Nintendo, have never been able to get into their games. Maybe because I was in my 30's when it came out and they seemed juvenile to me. To each his own)

In response to those crying about DRM, I posted the following in another thread about constant connection...

I cannot believe that no-one seems to realize the truth. Lending games, and even used games are not their real concern. The real concern is PIRACY!!! Microsoft lost many millions to piracy with the 360, and had no way to stop it (at least not single player games). The only way they can stop piracy is:
1. Require all games discs to be installed onto HD.
2. Bind all installed games to user profile on HD.
3. Require all games are played from HD, after confirming legit status on HD.
4. Constantly check to confirm all games on HD are genuine. Checking every 24hrs will not allow pirates to play non-legit games. Live will not have to be the only weapon they can use to fight piracy. If it's one thing that Microsoft can do, its write good software. They can keep up with any type of hacking/piracy with a constant connection to your console, and the ability to read and write to your HD as needed.
I really believe this is Microsoft's true goal. The whole thing about publishers/developers wanting a cut from used sales, while in my opinion justified, is just icing on the cake. Most of the rancor over lending games, and used games is just code for the pirates to complain and bitch because they will not be able to play Xbox One games without paying for them. Better know as stealing in my day. By the way, I am pre-ordering mine this weekend. I have no problems with buying the games I want to play. I also have always kept my games in pristine condition (my Halo Combat Evolved disc & case is undistinguishable from my new Halo 4), so I do not care to buy poorly cared for, used games.

I have been gaming since Sears and Montgomery Wards sold their own game consoles. Just before the Atari 2600 came out. Was in my 20's then, and have played everything since. And I mean everything, Intellivision, Vectrex, Colecovision, Magnavox, 3DO, Genesis, and on and on... Genesis, Saturn,... even the Neo Geo I cannot understand how someone can see the what the Xbox One offers, and not be chomping at the bit to get one. This will be the most advanced piece of hardware out there. While I will get a PS4, as I get all the machine (except Nintendo, have never been able to get into their games. Maybe because I was in my 30's when it came out and they seemed juvenile to me. To each his own)

In response to those crying about DRM, I posted the following in another thread about constant connection...

I cannot believe that no-one seems to realize the truth. Lending games, and even used games are not their real concern. The real concern is PIRACY!!! Microsoft lost many millions to piracy with the 360, and had no way to stop it (at least not single player games). The only way they can stop piracy is:
1. Require all games discs to be installed onto HD.
2. Bind all installed games to user profile on HD.
3. Require all games are played from HD, after confirming legit status on HD.
4. Constantly check to confirm all games on HD are genuine. Checking every 24hrs will not allow pirates to play non-legit games. Live will not have to be the only weapon they can use to fight piracy. If it's one thing that Microsoft can do, its write good software. They can keep up with any type of hacking/piracy with a constant connection to your console, and the ability to read and write to your HD as needed.
I really believe this is Microsoft's true goal. The whole thing about publishers/developers wanting a cut from used sales, while in my opinion justified, is just icing on the cake. Most of the rancor over lending games, and used games is just code for the pirates to complain and bitch because they will not be able to play Xbox One games without paying for them. Better know as stealing in my day. By the way, I am pre-ordering mine this weekend. I have no problems with buying the games I want to play. I also have always kept my games in pristine condition (my Halo Combat Evolved disc & case is undistinguishable from my new Halo 4), so I do not care to buy poorly cared for, used games.

You bring up some good points/facts. Thank you for sharing this. One of my main problems however, is that some of us don't have very stable internet connection and have internet down for days or even weeks on a regular basis - so if we want to play games, we can't (well, for 24 hours we can) Just seems a little unfair is all. And then when they eventually drop the Xbox One Live service (like they did with the original Xbox) the console will basically be useless. You can still play your Sega, NES, N64's to this day, but it doesn't seem you'll be able to play the Xbox One after they cut off the Live service. But again, thank you for posting this :)

"And then when they eventually drop the Xbox One Live service (like they did with the original Xbox) the console will basically be useless." >This is nothing more than a quess!
MS could release a code so you could play all your used games when the Xbox One is old and out dated.

Have to say that I'm not sure if I'm going to get the xbox one after all the news. I'm considering jumping ship and getting myself a ps4. The price difference I think is what really turned the tide and is pushing me towards the ps4 and away from the xbox one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back