Xbox One BF4 or CoD:Ghosts?

ozadin

Which one will you be buying?

They are both very different, and with the new features like a companion dog for CoD: Ghosts, or new environments, gender options, and character customization for BF4, it would definitely be a hard choice to decide. I think I am going to buy Ghosts first since I really want to see what the game will be like.

I still haven't picked up Battlefield 3 or Black Ops II, so I may not be getting either. However, what I'm hearing about both games make them sound very interesting. If I were to get either, it would be so that I could play online without having to worry about finding other players to play against. I'm generally a bigger fan of Call of Duty, though, so I'd probably be more inclined to buy Ghosts if I were to choose one.

Neither. Both looks pretty bad rehashes in my opinion. Depending on how well the beta is received, I may pickup BF4 for the PC because BF3's multiplayer was alright. Ghosts just looks awful on the other hand. First of all, they are making these 1 dimensional characters and tell you that you should have some sort of attachment to them. In the real world, brothers can never serve in the same unit for obvious reasons, yet Ghosts has the main character's brother fighting alongside him. I can already tell what kind of melodramatic story is going to happen. "SAVE YOUR BROTHER FROM THE ENEMIES OF FREEDOM" mission is guaranteed.

And don't get me started on the dog.

coddog.png

I see more upside with Battlefield 4. Their support of the game was great. Instead of annual releases they just supported the game with great DLC. I think they are adding more environmental elements again to BF. Shooting through walls, making your own exits etc. Ghosts looks like the same thing. It is just linear shooter with a boring story.

Call Of Duty Ghost ... I need to see if the multiplayer has evolved. Otherwise, I have absolutely no reason to wait for this game

Battlefield 4 promises a great change, as usual! I can not wait to play, because Battlefield 3 was almost perfect!

Call Of Duty should resume ... For now, they are giving away me want to buy it. I will surely be forced to Buy to play with my friends ....

bf4 all day... i disliked bf3 at first but im actually excited for bf4... i have no love for cod games at this point and altho the dog is cool and would be a fun play it is story line material and dont think it will make multiplayer at all... which makes multiplayer cod the exact same as cod bo2.. bf4 has more offerings at this point. levelution look sweet. mutiple vehicle types, a structured multiplayer/capture the flag, more players.. cod is offering or showing nothing that any cod that is out now dosn't really have.

Battlefield any day, whilst the series isn't exactly what it used to be, I still think that it beats buying the same game ever year, aka COD. The new features are borderline gimmicks and they really aren't innovating anything. I have been somewhat loyal to the Battlefield brand, although I think it's been going downhill ever since 3 came out, but I still think that it's better than COD.

I don't have to choose. We (Friend and I) flipped coins and I'm buying Ghost while he buys BF4. We playthrough and then switch so the other person gets the experience. This is how I've gotten through a lot of games. That said I like having a dog in a game - even if it's a horrible game. Rule of Rose comes to mind.

Battlefield any day, whilst the series isn't exactly what it used to be, I still think that it beats buying the same game ever year, aka COD. The new features are borderline gimmicks and they really aren't innovating anything. I have been somewhat loyal to the Battlefield brand, although I think it's been going downhill ever since 3 came out, but I still think that it's better than COD.

a a first time bf3 player of bf it was touch... especially jumping in after it was already past launch.

cod is repeat after repeat and ive only owned 2 cod games. one that came with my console and bo2 one as fun first player but past that ehh i could care less.. and bo2 was ehh... i suck at fps and did well..

the new features with bf4 alone are a selling point to me. im sure i will suck but id rather suck at a game that i feel im getting my money worth than a game i already own.

I'm gonna have to go with Battlefield 4. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Call of Duty and play it very often but still, ever since I would say Modern Warfare 2 the series has become just one big annual commercial that is released every November. The games are pretty much always the same except with different locations and different guns. Ghosts will likely be the same thing only this time it will be on next gen consoles. Battlefield 4 on the other hand looks very impressive and I'm excited to see how massive the online experience will be.

im with u clark bruce... i am excited about a few things on bf4... but from the mapping ive seen in game play the multiplayer worlds are big but dont look crazy.. it seems driven by the capture the flag system. what bf4 is concentrating onto me is the fps aspect even in multiplayer.. with commander mode its making team play more structured where cod is a run and gun. bf4 is trying to get you to work as a team and cover each other pushing as a team.. just like in bo2 if u run with 2 people you can really wreck a lobby team.. with levelution they are really pushing you towards a goal.(capture the flag) or holding down your position. the multiplayer is structured around taking the map over. sorta why i think the mapping will be big but not as big as we think.

with cod their is nothing advertised that really catches my eye.. the single player mode with the dog looks good but nothing new. i havnt seen much multiplayer action or them showing a battle... most of what people know recent cod for is multiplayer. i would love to pic both games up maybe cod as a used game with titanfall.

I can't say I would go with either game because their not my particular interest at the moment, if I do decide to purchase one of them it will be Battlefield 4 later after price drops. I can't say that those games get me excited anymore and I prefer smaller or more story driven games, since these both usually consist of fighting some foreign enemy to get your super weapons back. I only ever played Battlefield 3 for multiplayer because I finished the single player the night I got it, which is sad for the game.

fps are going away from solo play from what it seems.

what would be ideal would be solo+networked where the guy helping you were friends or real people. where the story line was much much longer...

maybe even base it off warfare life... you start by joining a branch and thats how u built stats around your character. if you want to build a sniper or ranger thats what you do.. you run missions where your group was just that.. you had your ground close battle. your stealth guy who goes in to mark or get recon. as you progressed and got your kills or accomplished missions you ranked up.. people would take that stuff serious.

can you imagine a wow game but built around real world combat. having licensed guns.. the ability to choose missions based on time avaliable. their could be missions based on real world time.. extract hostages at this location and be at this point by x time. if your dont succeed you have extraction point b.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm gonna go with Ghosts. I think Battlefield can be fun, but I really didn't enjoy Battlefield 3. I felt like it was a big mess filled with snipers and vehicle superiority battles. The game is better if you play on something like a Team Deathmatch mode, but even then, you'd be better off with Call of Duty or something if you're just gonna go for a run-and-gun style game. I've actually enjoyed each Call of Duty release since Call of Duty 4. They're very similar to each other (obviously, being sequels and all) but to call them the same game is, uh, more than a little silly. I can name a bunch of changes from game to game off the top of my head, really.

Battlefield 4 is going to get sales numbers closer to the COD games. But Call of Duty is still going to win the sales "war" this time around.

But make no mistake, Call of Duty's popularity is dropping off. And with each year, Battlefield is starting to close the gap as a result. I give it one or two more Battlefield games and the series will outsell COD

Which one will you be buying?

They are both very different, and with the new features like a companion dog for CoD: Ghosts, or new environments, gender options, and character customization for BF4, it would definitely be a hard choice to decide. I think I am going to buy Ghosts first since I really want to see what the game will be like.

Sadly, both. My preference is Battlefield...has been since BC2. But I don't dislike CoD - it's just a different kind of shooter..."run and gun", vs. Battlefield's more strategic, more open worlds.

I have beefs with both games, but overall I like Battlefield more.

Neither. They're just more of the same. I don't really care much about either franchise at this point. Specially CoD, CoD is just a cash cow at this point.

Neither. They're just more of the same. I don't really care much about either franchise at this point. Specially CoD, CoD is just a cash cow at this point.

i think that is why cod is looking so bad in the gaming world right now and their is a ton of chatter about bf4..

I don't think you can consider COD to be a cashcow because Battlefield is no different. We hardly get anything new from the game these days except for better graphics and new DICE engine. In my opinion, both of them are equally competing to milk gamers out of their hard earned cash.

After having said this, I can't disagree that both games are fun to play from a gamer perspective. No matter how much we hate, these are the best FPS military games available that balances arcade with simulation. I will go for Ghosts first because I'm curious to see what Infinity Ward builds this time after Captain Price's MW. Next would be BF4 to see how well single player missions have evolved and then get into multi-player for adrenaline packed death matches.

Back