Xbox One Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare announced/leaked

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
This year’s Call of Duty game is titled Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, according to a lengthy 2:40 trailer and several screenshots that have apparently fallen into the possession of Destructoid.

Citing a “trusted source”, Advanced Warfare is described as focusing on a private military company (helmed by a character portrayed by Kevin Spacey) that has turned on the US government.

The trailer itself is bursting with futuristic instruments of war, including soldiers clad in powerful Elysium-esque exosuits, large transport aircraft that can cloak themselves from the naked eye, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol-style gloves that allow the wearer to scale buildings, and hoverbikes.

The release date displayed at the end of the trailer is November 4.
via IGN

Well it's hard to gather much excitement for a Call of Duty game these days (at least that's my opinion), but here we are a year from the last one. This time Sledgehammer will have their turn at bat and whether or not that will make a difference is yet to be seen. Treyarch made a big splash with the original Black Ops and so it stands to reason that this next installment may give us the change we want, but I doubt it. I think this franchise needs a true reboot, but money talks, so don't expect much until theres a demand for it. The move into future tech has been tried before, with Black Ops 2 giving us a taste of the near future. Do you guys think this Call of Duty will mee t the high expectations of its predecessors, or have Battlefield and Titanfall stolen some of the spotlight? Leave your thoughts below and be sure to check out the trailer.

I used to love COD but have kind of cooled on it recently. I am curious about it though so I might borrow it after it comes out.

I don't think it will be too much different from what we have gotten with the past few COD games, but as you said money speaks and people keep buying the games. I am one of those people, I usually wait to get one for $10-15 cheaper on craigslist but I still have bought every one. The multiplayer is perfect for me because I can pick it up and play 1 or two games or play for hours. I think this has potential to be better/different but who knows. I thought that about the last one.

Well don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge supporter up until Black Ops 2. That was the first game that I never even tried the single player for and stopped playing the multiplayer shortly after launch. Then with Ghost I borrowed it and didn't lie the maps. Battlefield and Titanfall have been keeping my plenty occupied. Besides now i Have a PS4 too so they'll be enough games where I won't be able to justify buying another COD game. I have nothing against it, but as I'm getting older, it's losing its appeal.

I was just reading about this just now and to be honest I am really excited about it. I think that this one would be a lot better than COD Ghost. I also heard that they will be giving more details tomorrow May 4 I can't wait. I love Call Of Duty Games even though the last set that came out have disappointed me I still look forward to the release of the games.

Well don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge supporter up until Black Ops 2. That was the first game that I never even tried the single player for and stopped playing the multiplayer shortly after launch. Then with Ghost I borrowed it and didn't lie the maps. Battlefield and Titanfall have been keeping my plenty occupied. Besides now i Have a PS4 too so they'll be enough games where I won't be able to justify buying another COD game. I have nothing against it, but as I'm getting older, it's losing its appeal.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been playing some Battlefield as of late also but still will play Ghosts just as much.

The Call of Duty franchise are just releasing game too fast...
I used to love the series but nowadays, they already released too many, and my anticipation for another one is very low.

I stopped buying COD games after Modern Warfare 2 because they were all just the same to me. Then I recently picked up Black Ops because it was three bucks and that cemented the idea that I already had. Zombies was pretty cool though.

Same here. I only bought black ops because of the zombies, and that was pretty cool to play with friends, I must admit it. But that's it the rest was very similar to the previous game.

I stopped buying COD games after Modern Warfare 2 because they were all just the same to me. Then I recently picked up Black Ops because it was three bucks and that cemented the idea that I already had. Zombies was pretty cool though.

I thought the single player was entertaining enough, but not at full price. There is almost general consensus that COD4 had one of the best single player campaigns of the 00's, and I think the sequels were good too even if it was just more of the same. Unfortunately the multiplayer will always remain the same and IMO fail to ever reach the competitive heights of other FPSes.

Call of Duty needs to overhaul multiplayer and the general gameplay. The campaigns are always decent at worst, and I expect this campaign to be pretty interesting. I didn't like multiplayer in Ghosts. It was far too open and too easy to die without having any idea where it came from. The DLC maps with the Predator and Michael Meyers was interesting, though. A Call of Duty reboot would have to feature both big and small maps with balanced and tight gameplay on each one.

Gameplay tweaks could amount to adding more verticality to maps, such as how Titanfall plays but without wall-running and boosts obviously. I like the high jump mechanic of Advanced Warfare for the vertical aspect of multiplayer. Ziplines and other fast ways for getting around maps could be implemented, but I don't want to see vehicles in CoD Multiplayer. New weapons, equipment, and perks would have to be created that still offer mostly balanced gameplay. I want to feel like my perk choices matter. Now I just feel like I the perks don't truly matter and they're easy to get around or adapt to.

I hope the three year cycle for CoD games pays off and Advanced Warfare winds up with some great additions to the game. If that's the case, then I would expect CoD to start regaining some of its former glory.

Ehh, this doesn't catch my attention at all. It looks like the same old Call of Duty game to me, except for the new tech gadgets which have been introduced in the past few games, which isn't that big of a deal to me. I personally think that the whole Call of Duty series has been dead for a long time now with no hope for revival.

Back