Could you live without XBOX LIVE?

x0MandyLynn0x

Be honest with yourself here. What would you do if news came in, and it was said that Xbox Live no longer will be existing. Because maybe it just wasn't so popular anymore? Or perhaps, people just got tired of paying to be able to use it? Would you still enjoy Xbox as much and continue to play it. Or would you just basically, give up on it? Just over Xbox "live".

As for myself. I never play Xbox Live to begin with anyone. Paid for it once, but that was it. I didn't really care for it. I figure if I want to play against other people, that there is other ways to go about that. Which is FREE!! Plus personally, from my experiences playing on Xbox Live, people sometimes will get mad at me because I'm not playing 'right'. Or I'll die, and just get frustrated. Haha!

So, comes down to it. Could you?

Honestly I have met some awesome real life friends on XBL. In fact, I would reccomend you get it back. Not everyone cares about k/d and I think over a short period you would find some great people to game with. At the end of the day its all about fun.

I could live without Xbox Live ... but I don't want to! I'm a big time online gamer and buy more online games than offline games these days. I can't really say I've made a lot of new friends through Xbox Live, but I can say the live environment gives a game a lot more replay value, making me that much more willing to spend upwards of $60 on it.

Could I live? Yeah, but I prefer having my achievements timestamped and that's a great feature to me. Could they do that without LIVE? I guess, but they choose not to. I will never understand the consternation over LIVE, it's optional.

I could live without live! I go through phases where I do live without live. Like right now, I don't have Live activated because there just aren't any games I really feel the need to play online right now. At least not enough to justify the cost. I'd rather use the $60 I'd spend on live to buy a game or something cooler my myself then play online. I'm sure I will get it hooked back up eventually but for now, I don't really care!

I could easily live without Xbox Live. Xbox Live does not make or break my online experience. I will still play my gaming system regardless. I don't care if I don't get to play online ever. Although there are factors that contribute to my case. I would certainly have to have a lot of games before I ever stop playing Xbox Live. A lot of games have nowadays got boring quickly because once they're beaten, there's no reason to continue playing. Xbox Live gives you that reason.

Am still living so yeah I can. Been without it for a month now and never better.

My live ran out last week and I purchased a new one. But I can say I'm not addicted and I can control myself, its not a must have for me.

Living without Xbox Live right now!
Like I've stated in many other topics already, I pretty much don't play my Xbox 360 much at all nowadays. I bought Halo 4 on release and had Xbox Live left for about another 7 months (it was a 1 year subscription) and guess what? I wasted about the 6 months left over -_- .

I soon realized that I just wasn't into it anymore. I rarely play games nowadays anyways (too much school work, even for a high school, seriously), so it doesn't bother me that I can't play online or anything. I always felt that 60$ per year was not worth it to have a subscription that "allows your games to connect to the internet" on the 360. Hopefully it's cheaper on the Xbox One or they work something out differently from what is currently the standard right now on the 360.

Seeing how the only reason i would get Xbox Live Gold membership was to get the online achievements in games, i think i could. Either that or i would put all those games into a backlog and when i had a lot of online stuff to do, get the membership.

We all could live without Xbox Live. It's just a matter of what else to do during all that time we usually spend. For me, it's more of a self control issue. I'm not totally addicted, I know when to manage my time to do other important priorities.

It's one of the premier options for gaming online. But people would find alternatives. Most would go to PC I imagine.

I ran out of live in September and I am going strong. I am trying to ignore the fact that I can not play Deathmatch on GTV IV and the other lil fact that I am not playing GTA V right now. It's a rought time in my life. :( I miss Live like I miss my best friend.

Heres something my 15 year old self would never fathom.

The other day i went to Walmart and picked up grand theft auto 5. I also had more than enough money to ALSO get xbox live if i wanted to, but i decided not to. When i got home, i sat the new game on the counter without opening it. Watched tv for a bit, did some work on the computer and went to bed. The game sat on the counter all week, and i returned it to walmart that saturday. I could have also gotten forza horizon, which i had been really excited about at launch, or i could have transferred that money to a battlefield 4 preorder, but instead i decided id put that money into a savings account. I currently do NOT have xbox live OR grand theft auto 5. yet i have enough money for multiple copies of each and multiple consoles if i chose to spend it that way.

Again, my 15 year old mind would never be saying these words because ididnt have the money back then, and if i did, i would have played the game as soon as i got home, probably on live which i would have also bought if i had enough cash.

Its crazy how things change. I STILL love video games though and will hopefully be buying THE ONE at launch, but ill be ok if i dont get it right away

Heres something my 15 year old self would never fathom.

The other day i went to Walmart and picked up grand theft auto 5. I also had more than enough money to ALSO get xbox live if i wanted to, but i decided not to. When i got home, i sat the new game on the counter without opening it. Watched tv for a bit, did some work on the computer and went to bed. The game sat on the counter all week, and i returned it to walmart that saturday. I could have also gotten forza horizon, which i had been really excited about at launch, or i could have transferred that money to a battlefield 4 preorder, but instead i decided id put that money into a savings account. I currently do NOT have xbox live OR grand theft auto 5. yet i have enough money for multiple copies of each and multiple consoles if i chose to spend it that way.

Again, my 15 year old mind would never be saying these words because ididnt have the money back then, and if i did, i would have played the game as soon as i got home, probably on live which i would have also bought if i had enough cash.

Its crazy how things change. I STILL love video games though and will hopefully be buying THE ONE at launch, but ill be ok if i dont get it right away

Maturity.Priority!I hope you do though.All work and no play makes John a dull boy! ;)

For me online play has consisted of half the reason I play Xbox. I wouldn't stop playing but my hours would be cut down dramatically. However the vast expanse of offline single player games (Skyrim, Assassins Creed and of GTA means the console would still provide me with immersion and I'm certain I would still remain an Xbox fan even without online multiplayer.

Maturity.Priority!I hope you do though.All work and no play makes John a dull boy! ;)

I definitely will never give up on video games haha!

To be honest i have switched my focus a bit more to PC gaming lately, Its much more realistic and addicting but i dont think itll ever be as fun or easy to pick up and play as console games are and always have been

Could I? Sure, its not a necessity in my life, but it sure helps me pass by the time and is a valuable form of entertainment for myself and my friends.

I would be heart broken, i would have to switch to playing halo 2 with my friends that come over.

Back