Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 'is a true RPG', insists developer

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Cyberpunk 2077 will be a "straight-up RPG" and not a first-person shooter, the co-founder of CD Projekt Red has confirmed. The studio is currently working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but it has also confirmed that its next project will be based on the Cyberpunk series of tabletop role-playing games and is set for release in 2015 or 2016.

"People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game," he replied.

"We are known for storytelling, and big game worlds, and so we're taking all what we've learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077.

Source: CVG

This game has been flying low on many people's radar and much of it is likely to do with the fact the Studio is currently busy working on the Witcher 3. Considering how great the Witcher series has been and how great the new one looks everytime they show it off, I am really excited for Cyberpunk. Hopefully it wont be long before we get some new details.

This game has been flying low on many people's radar and much of it is likely to do with the fact the Studio is currently busy working on the Witcher 3. Considering how great the Witcher series has been and how great the new one looks everytime they show it off, I am really excited for Cyberpunk. Hopefully it wont be long before we get some new details.

I guess it's good that they'll make it a RPG instead of FPS. It's going to be way more interesting since from experience the witcher series had a good story line. I just hope that this does too.

I guess it's good that they'll make it a RPG instead of FPS. It's going to be way more interesting since from experience the witcher series had a good story line. I just hope that this does too.

Cool.A new game to add on my favorite RPG list. Haha. Can't wait to have this game.

Hohohoho. This game is sounding awesome. If Witcher was more of the middle age fantasy setting, Cyberpunk 2077 is the sci-fi world that emits the vibes of Blade Runner, RoboCop, and other sci-fi futuristic settings. It's like accelerating Witcher into the future! haha. I'm going to get this.

Source: CVG

Yeah, same here. This is going to be a great RPG game with sci-fi elements. Oh yeah it's going to be awesome. I know it will be! Just let them finish the Witcher 3 and then let them get more work on this.

Yeah, same here. This is going to be a great RPG game with sci-fi elements. Oh yeah it's going to be awesome. I know it will be! Just let them finish the Witcher 3 and then let them get more work on this.

Haha, you're right. As soon as they finalize The Witcher 3 they can focus more on perfecting this game.

Haha, you're right. As soon as they finalize The Witcher 3 they can focus more on perfecting this game.

Plus, once they're done, they'll have to figure out what to do with the Cyberpunk game. I heard that the game will contain multiple languages. Many NPCs will be speaking different language so having to contain all that kind of language will take a lot of work. They're really planning to go all-out with this new game. And then there's the new RPG elements that will see make this a "true RPG".

I'm excited to see what they'll do with this game. Everytime I hear or read about this game, all I can think of is, "sci-fi, Robocop, Blade Runner, Minority Report" and all other sci-fi futuristic elements. I'm also excited of the possible scale, visuals, story and all other elements that make me go WHOOOOOOOOOA!~..... okay, I'm getting way too excited for this game that only has a trailer to show us a possible peek into what the game will be.

I'm excited to see what they'll do with this game. Everytime I hear or read about this game, all I can think of is, "sci-fi, Robocop, Blade Runner, Minority Report" and all other sci-fi futuristic elements. I'm also excited of the possible scale, visuals, story and all other elements that make me go WHOOOOOOOOOA!~..... okay, I'm getting way too excited for this game that only has a trailer to show us a possible peek into what the game will be.

Yeah, the thing is the trailer was enough to entice us, what more if we have a game play trailer on here. I'm quite excited myself.

Slow down there my man. Wow, for a game that only has that trailer, you sure are excited. I feel the same as well. I guess this game will really have the vibes of RPG and sci-fi elements mixed. I've yet to see an RPG game that can really mix sci-fi elements well except Mass Effect. But Cybperpunk 2077's has this element that can really emit Blade Runner. thecreed4life is right about that. The Blade Runner, Minority Report... the name itself is already a revealer that the game is going to take elements of the cyberpunk genre.

This game is gonna be frigging good, man! Definitely keeping an eye on this and Witcher 3.

It's made by CD Projekt so I have high hopes on it. I'm confident that it's going to be a great game at that. But other than the teaser that was shown nothing else has surfaced. CD never disappoints, however I can't quite understand what it means by "straight-up RPG."

It's made by CD Projekt so I have high hopes on it. I'm confident that it's going to be a great game at that. But other than the teaser that was shown nothing else has surfaced. CD never disappoints, however I can't quite understand what it means by "straight-up RPG."

They haven't given us any clue, if this will be an ARPG, Turn based rpg or just a plain rpg like skyrim.

They haven't given us any clue, if this will be an ARPG, Turn based rpg or just a plain rpg like skyrim.

Yeah, that's the thing. TRUE RPG.. what does that mean exactly? We don't know yet. What we can tell is maybe they're taking inspiration from their Witcher series. Other than that, we'll have to wait.

Yeah, that's the thing. TRUE RPG.. what does that mean exactly? We don't know yet. What we can tell is maybe they're taking inspiration from their Witcher series. Other than that, we'll have to wait.

That surely makes me want to think what they plan on doing with it. I hope they have the same concept of Elder Scrolls Online.

That surely makes me want to think what they plan on doing with it. I hope they have the same concept of Elder Scrolls Online.

I hope so. I saw a trailer (not sure if it was really the one) it was an old trailer that it was really cyberpunk. Can't wait to get this game.

Either way, Cyberpunk 2077 is sure to be a very hyped-up highly anticipated RPG. We're going to have to wait for the game to get done. Well, it'll take a while but it may seem to be worth the wait.

This could turn out to be one of my favourite games ever! One of my favourite films is "Blade Runner" and my favourite video game genre is RPG! Marry them two together and you could get something truly special! I love anything cyberpunk and anything RPG, this game could be killer?

No one thought Deus Ex when thinking Cyberpunk 2077? It was on my shortlist with Shadowrun (more of the tabletop RPG, the 90s RPG on SNES/Genesis, and the MMO than whatever that was that came out last) and Blade Runner when news of this first dropped. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not sure what is meant by "true RPG", but with FPS taken off the table I'm guessing Fallout and Deus Ex: Human Revolution in execution are dropped?

Back