Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 'is a true RPG', insists developer

No one thought Deus Ex when thinking Cyberpunk 2077? It was on my shortlist with Shadowrun (more of the tabletop RPG, the 90s RPG on SNES/Genesis, and the MMO than whatever that was that came out last) and Blade Runner when news of this first dropped. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not sure what is meant by "true RPG", but with FPS taken off the table I'm guessing Fallout and Deus Ex: Human Revolution in execution are dropped?

I hope we get to see somewhat like a Dragon Nest style of gaming.

By looking at what they did with the Witcher series I tend to believe them when they talk about the direction they're taking Cyberpunk 2077 in. CD Projekt is also collaborating with Mike Pondsmith, cyberpunk writer, to develop the game. There's still some years until the game is released, last year when they introduced Cyberpunk 2077 to the world was because they needed new talent/employees for the studio.

That sounds awesome. The Witcher games are amazing. And I'm still jonesing for a good cyberpunk experience after Remember Me ended up being a very average and forgettable title. I'm definitely looking forward to this one, in the mean time I suppose I'll stick to playing through Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Human Revolutions again. :)

Back