Xbox One Digital or hard copy

i prefer diskless, instant switching and no need for a cd in and out for every game... disc doesnt make sense when you have 150/90 connection. HDD space an issue? no because the disk requires the same space on hdd to be installed to play also, and MS is allowing for external HDDs.

i prefer diskless, instant switching and no need for a cd in and out for every game... disc doesnt make sense when you have 150/90 connection. HDD space an issue? no because the disk requires the same space on hdd to be installed to play also, and MS is allowing for external HDDs.

It would be nice if they can make it like putting an SD card on the console for each game that you want to play.

Mark me down for disc. While discless is great for making sure you always have the game, there are times I like to put my games up for sale when I'm done. With discless and digital only I'm kind stuck with the game. Wouldn't be a problem if the prices were low though. If I paid $30 or less for a digital game I wouldn't blink at all.

Yup, you got me at $30. It really depends on the game itself. But if the game is something high replayability, I don't mind buying it at a high price. It's the game that is just a one-time thing that really irks me when it comes to digital. Well, that's why with PS+, even when I finish a game that I know is of only 1 playthrough, I still got other games to play so no problem there.

From the way you say it, it really sounds like diskless is the way to go. For as long as ALL the games I like are in digital form and I have the internet speed to get them all, then maybe diskless is my alternative route. Till then, I'll still like to have some discs.

From the way you say it, it really sounds like diskless is the way to go. For as long as ALL the games I like are in digital form and I have the internet speed to get them all, then maybe diskless is my alternative route. Till then, I'll still like to have some discs.

Yeah, it all boils down to how reliable your internet connection is. The faster the speed the better.

Yeah, it all boils down to how reliable your internet connection is. The faster the speed the better.

That's if you go for disc less. Well the hassle of keeping discs is quite a handful for me, I'd rather have disc less as well.

That's if you go for disc less. Well the hassle of keeping discs is quite a handful for me, I'd rather have disc less as well.

True. Seeing the benefits of disc-less slowly: faster switching of games, faster selection, etc... yeah, a discless option is nice too.

True. Seeing the benefits of disc-less slowly: faster switching of games, faster selection, etc... yeah, a discless option is nice too.

Still the download speed is all that matters if they can make things easier for us to access then I'm all in.

Still the download speed is all that matters if they can make things easier for us to access then I'm all in.

Yeahhhhhh, the download speed. I hope to get an upgrade with the speed so that way, maybe going discless will be the way for me all the way.

Yeahhhhhh, the download speed. I hope to get an upgrade with the speed so that way, maybe going discless will be the way for me all the way.

They should find better means for us to download the thing, maybe use some torrent apps.

They should find better means for us to download the thing, maybe use some torrent apps.

using torrents might be useful. Well that is it microsoft will or can allow it for users like us.

What are people buying digital games from market place or hard copies? I like the whole using voice control to switch games and not having to use discs or make a trip to the store is it worth it?

What are people buying digital games from market place or hard copies? I like the whole using voice control to switch games and not having to use discs or make a trip to the store is it worth it?

I think hard copy is still the best way to get games. Well without the hard copy how am I going to borrow games that I'm not sure whether they are worth my money.

Digital copies are quite convenient. I'd go for it more than a hard copy these days. With all the clutter that I have on my room, I have nowhere else to keep this things.

Disc less for me save me time from switching games and running to the store

Yeah, so right. Well that's the advantage but if you collect discs like what I do, I'd still go for disc versions, well I just have to sort my things out. I need more space.

Discs can get damaged so easily!

I agree, but it really depends on how you take care of what you have. Anyways, I don't mind going digital if they can make the downloads much easier for us to get.

Back