Do you feel Live should be free and included with the purchase of an XBOX?

No because the life span of an xbox ends up being cheaper in the short run, but ps3 in the long run.

If I was into gaming as much as I used to be I would get it but I really don't play as much as I used to. Its not worth it to me; if I want to use Live then I will go to a friends house.

I think it's fine just the way it is. If you think about it, it's less than $1 a week which is really nothing to complain about. It gives a lot of added experience that could not be achieved without live.

Considering the price of the new Xbox one, I think live should be free for anyone who pays for it. There is no reason why Microsoft shouldn't give it away for free. Sony can give live to all of its PS4 users for free and so can Microsoft.

I think it should be free, but I'm sure that the economists at Microsoft have worked it out and figured that the company is better off charging for it.

I don't really mind paying for Live since the service is great and I don't think Microsoft will be so kind as to give it away for free. Although I would love it if they were to include a free one year subscription to Live once you've purchased an Xbox One.

Xbox Live being paid seems to have allowed them to develop the service better than free PSN but on the PS4 PlayStation Plus seems to offer equal service quality and monthly "free" games.

Hurrah for competition!

I think they should give you a trial that you can activate when you find a game that you want to try it on with. Not a very long trial, maybe a month or so, but it'd still be a nice gesture and maybe even a marketing hook.

I think that it should be free but I don't think that that would be something that would ever happen. I have found a secret way to get xbox live for 7 days over and over and it is completely legal.

i think the paying for the service is ok... if you shop around your looking at 30-40bux for a year... your getting stability of servers(if on xbox servers) your getting the development staff that troubleshoots problems..

that money they earn goes towards the things we want.. game exclusives, early access, cloud servers,app development... new ip's... nothing is free.. you may get kickbacks but no one can give everything for free and survive.. we are getting gold on xbox one within the first year that's a bonus.

we all talk about games being 30-60 bux so figure microsoft is giving us a 60-120 dollar kick back every month from now till the service ends.. that's more a month than our yearly 12 month gold..

but past that microsoft is known for a stable multiplayer network which takes money.

Since so many games depend on Live to be fun, do you think that it should just be included? I feel the price for Live is worth it for some gamers, such as those who play Call of Duty or other games intended to be multiplayer. For these people, should Live be included it would certainly be a positive. What do you think?

I don't think it should be free, here's why because we pay for it, it assure really numerous and really high quality ports and connectivity, unlike playstation network that you have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to good ports because its free, and therefore limited...

Funny how You pay for Xbox Live, yet the Dashboard is clustered with Advertisements that are not related to gaming. PSN is free and i do not see the XMB clustered with ads.

Hell yes. At the very least they should include a substantial amount of free time before they cut you off. It's kind of disgraceful that they don't really, although the counterargument is that they need to pay for the servers somehow.

Would I want it to be free...yes

Do I think it ever will be...no

As mentioned above, it would be great if it was free but for what they are offering in terms of good connection and great multiplayer gameplay. The price is well worth the service. Mainly the only people that get shunted on such a deal are those that only play every now and then, hence might not get their moneys worth by getting XBOX live. Personally, I could see a form of pay as you go being applicable for these people. Think of it along the lines of phone contracts, where you can get the pay as you go for people who really don't use their phones so much that they want to be paying £20/month. This could be feasible for XBOX to do, and it would boost their income further I believe as long as the rates were competitive and the process was easy enough to set up.

Yes and yes..

However, that's never going to happen. Microsoft is too money hungry to do that..

I feel like XBL should be free as to compete with PSN. The PSN is really superior in every way, sleek design, not buggy, FREE, and this is coming from a 360 fan. I really doesn't make sense to pay more for a lesser service.

PSN isn't that free anymore, is it?

I think it should or at least be available at a nominal cost. Still, they are in the business to make money and they know that they can make a lot of bucks off of gamers.

I'd love if it was but Microsoft would never do that, they are way too money hungry. I think it would be a good idea though, as I feel we already pay too much money for the console and all of the games.

I don't think it should be free, here's why because we pay for it, it assure really numerous and really high quality ports and connectivity, unlike playstation network that you have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to good ports because its free, and therefore limited...

That made no sense at all.

Back