Do you listen to music when you play ?

I usually don't turn on separate music while playing games since there's already in-game music. If the in-game music is horrid for some reason, then maybe. But big game studios invest a lot into creating quality music these days so I rarely bother doing such a thing.

Nah I don't. I just let the sound effects of the game take over. When I tried playing games without any sound or a different sound, it just seemed off to me.

I'm always listening to music when playing multiplayer games. I turn off the game's music but leave SFX on though.

I like to listen to music when I am playing, even when I chat with friends because it keeps me calm. I listen to like Piano pieces because it helps me stop raging at people.

Once I have played a game for awhile I will don the headphones and just listen to music. When I first play a game I am into the sound effects but after awhile I get tired of them so its on to the music.

Nope, no music for me. I can't really get properly engrossed in a game if I'm listening to anything but the music of that game, although I do occasionally watch a movie or something if it is a game which requires a lot of travelling or such.

Just curious.

I play music when i'm playing modern warfare, it helps me get more kills for some reason.

I like the idea of listening to music while you play.

But not with Modern Warfare. I think that would take away from the entire experience. I like listening to the all of the sounds, and effects within the game. That way i really get into it, and it gives me an incredible experience. It makes e feel as if i am actually there.

Listening to music during gameplay would ruin that experience for me.

It depends on the type of game that I'm playing.
If it's something mindless like a shooter or an action game then I'll have some music playing.
But if it's an RPG or something story-driven with lots of dialogues, I'll have no music so that I can play attention.

If I am playing a shooter or online competitive game I usually listen to EDM or electronic music to get me in the zone but a single player game? No.

On games where I can free-roam, like Saints Row, Assassin's Creed, GTA, etc. I like to listen to calming music while I run around and blow stuff up. Sometimes before playing multiplayer, I'll play motivational music or metal to pump me up. It actually works!

Sometimes if my team is losing really badly what I like to do is turn on some hardcore music and this allows me to get into the zone and when I am playing Call Of Duty and I am in the zone believe me the other team is in a lot of trouble. The music allows me to just block out all of the distractions around me and helps me to really focus in on the game that I am playing.

Sometimes if my team is losing really badly what I like to do is turn on some hardcore music and this allows me to get into the zone and when I am playing Call Of Duty and I am in the zone believe me the other team is in a lot of trouble. The music allows me to just block out all of the distractions around me and helps me to really focus in on the game that I am playing.

For me man. music is quite a distraction especially when I'm in a pinch.

If its a game that I have played a lot I do. Otherwise I turn the sound off or play it when I am on the game.

i play music when im playing fifa and gta. it makes playing relaxing and helps you to get in the mood.

I never used to but but I did for a while. I find that I actually play worse unfortunately. There are times when I need to hear the actual game and there are times when I'm simply not focusing but singing along to a song. I feel it only really works with games where there's no real consequences for losing like GTA or Skyrim.

Once in awhile when I have played a game for a long time and am sick of the sounds on the game. Generally I won't but I do often put the sound down on low.

I hаvе Xbоx Musiс. I lоvе it. 36 milliоn sоngs асrоss my Lumiа, PС, аnd 360. Nоthing еxtоrtiоnаtе аbоut 9.99 а mоnth.

Sеnt frоm my Сryptоgrаphiс

Sеquеnсеr

Hardly. With games where it's not that important to hear everything that is going on, I might listen to music while playing. But when I'm playing Battlefield Hardline, I can't listen to music :D Need to hear those steps :cool:

You're right and if you listen to music or not when your playing is all about how much you need to concentrate on that particular game.

I've never understood people playing a game like Battlefield as you mentioned but having the music on in the background turned up full. If you're playing online especially they get told if it starts to annoy me.

I listen to music like 25% to 50% of every waking day. Sometimes I have to turn it off while I'm playing, sometimes I have to turn it on, but I always do a little of both guaranteed. It really depends on my objective at the time.

Back