Original Xbox Do you still play your Xbox Original?

davidj212

Does anyone here still play games on their Xbox Original? I happen to turn mine on every few days, and play a few old games, like Forza Motorsport and Splinter Cell. So, even though technology has evolved, and I own a PS3 and a Xbox 360, I still enjoy playing my Xbox Origional. :)

I sold mine to pay for my 360, so I don't. I ended up selling all my games, too, because I didn't have enough for a 360 and most of them ended up not being compatible anyway. Then again, some of the games I had magically disappeared when I let people borrow them, so I don't lend out games anymore as a result.

I actually don't. I play other old systems but the original Xbox is not one that I own nor play. Any one I know that owned one sold it when they got an Xbox360.
They sold both the console and the games that wouldn't work on their Xbox360. I haven't played the original Xbox in years.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one out there that's still playing some of the older gaming consoles. Another thing is that alot of people, I'd say about ninety nine percent of them, think that Xbox and Playstation are the only two gaming consoles out there. That's actually alot more than that, and any true gamer knows this! Anyways, I would just like to thank all of you for the great replies. :)

No I don't to be honest. Well the reason for that is because I sold my original Xbox in order to have money to purchase my Xbox 360. I do miss it sometimes as me and my brother shared it and spent countless hours playing so many games on it, in particular Halo 2. Still, even if I did have it now, I probably wouldn't play it as much or hardly at all since I have many other consoles to play and plus the Xbox One to look forward to.

I don't have it constantly turned on like my Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Genesis and Dreamcast, but i do have it under them, so that when i want to replay some Xbox games i just have to plug it back in. Maybe someday, i will be able to have all my consoles turned on with no problem (specially all of them suddenly bursting into flames because of the heat).

Yes. I always like playing my old systems. Plus as "old" as the original Xbox is, it still has a lot of good features on it. It came out in 2002, so I still think it is a system that is worth playing. It is not as dated as other systems.

I had bought the original Xbox console for my son. We played Splinter Cell together sometimes or Morrowind. Good memories. We actually still have it here put up on a shelf and have not turned it on in years. I had not even thought about that system in ages. The 360 became our main game console.

Unfortunately my Xbox died a few years back. It was quite a depressing day for me. I tried to get it fixed but no luck.

I still cherish those memories of playing GTA SA whole day on it. Some of my other favourites included Star Wars Battlefront 2, NFS MW, Tony Hawks Underground 2 and so many more!

I still have all the disks.

I really miss it. :(

No not really, whenever I use my original Xbox I usually just use it for roms but I do once and a while play some other games that are Xbox games but rarely, I'm usually playing with my 3DS or on the computer.

Wow, so your Xbox still works? How old is it?

Mine worked for about 4 years before it died. It was a sad day, but well what could I do. Do you take really good care of it or are you just lucky?

Nope i sold mine a few weeks back i don't see much point really they just have poor graphics although i like the fact of going to old graphics as its great to see what it used to be like.

I no longer play the old Xbox. I have already managed to move on to better games in the current generation consoles. When the Xbox 360 came out, I played the original Xbox for about 3 years more. Then I completely shifted to the Xbox 360. I think I'll also maintain the same trend now. I think that I'll be playing the 360 for a long period of time before I completely shift to the Xbox One.

I stopped playing the original ever since I bought the 360. I had a good time playing with it, especially the Halo games. Those games helped shape my love for FPS games making me a hardcore FPS gamer today. I'd buy another just to reminisce about the good memories.

I never owned the original Xbox, but I do have a family members that did. She kept the original one even though the 360 replaced it. I think it would be a bit boring now to go back to the original console, unless you are into retro style. In the future the original Xbox may become more popular.

Actually I can't even find my old Xbox. I think it broke because someone left the disc tray open and my brother stepped on it so it's all bent up now. I don't think I would ever though because the Xbox 360 can play all my old games, so what's the point ? :)

I still play original Xbox games, especially games like Ninja Gaiden Black or Jade Empire. My only problem currently is that my controller is somewhat busted. It makes playing a pain when my characters want to run in one direction and you have to smack the controller repeatedly to get them to change.

I modded mine with a 320GB hard drive and XBMC.

I have about 10-15 games ripped to the Xbox including Forza, Halo, Scarface, Need for Speed and a couple of others i cant think of right now.
I ended up letting my brother borrow it about 6 years ago and he still has it. Still plays the heck out of it too he says.

Back