Xbox One Elder Scrolls release date officially announced

Well, now we know it's coming out. Now it's a matter of wait, so we can all explore Tamriel in the best way possible! Oh yeah, looking forward to this.

Yeah, looking forward to the game as well. At least now we aren't left in the dark now that they have a definite release date. Unlike Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts which are both still on the works, I'll probably have to get this game first.

There might be a lot of people signing in once the game is out. They better be ready and they better have their servers fully equipped that way we won't experience any server lags or server strains. I'm hyped now that they have a date for the release.

There might be a lot of people signing in once the game is out. They better be ready and they better have their servers fully equipped that way we won't experience any server lags or server strains. I'm hyped now that they have a date for the release.

I guess they're quite ready in case something like that happens. Well since they have a release date up, they are quite confident that they can handle anything in case something comes up.

I guess they're quite ready in case something like that happens. Well since they have a release date up, they are quite confident that they can handle anything in case something comes up.

I guess so, I have high hopes for the game. I guess the release will turn out well. Can't wait to run wild in the Elder Scrolls world.

Let's hope it doesn't do the GTA Online thing. But then again, it's expected right? Give it a few weeks and the game should run nicely online. I might not be getting it on release day so I can wait a while.

I was thinking this as well. You don't just give a concrete release date for an online game unless you know it's pretty much bulletproof out the gate.

I believe ESO will be fine at launch. They know how much hype they put out, how much interest there is in the game, and how much content is there. In all, they know what they need to do to make sure it doesn't sink like The Pride of Tel Vos.

Really looking forward to this, interested to see how it will run on consoles, and what the pricing structure will be for the subscription

I hope it runs smoothly for everyone getting the game on consoles. There's little reason it shouldn't, I mean it'll be much bigger than EverQuest Online Adventures or DCUO and heavier graphics and content wise, but you simply don't undertake such a project and be iffy on if servers are tough enough.

So far, I'm hoping for the best because they have experience with always-on line. But I'm not estatic about this going well. History has told us that on the console this just doesn't work. That we should be expecting issues when the game first launches. I'm hoping that this isn't the case but I'm not one to ignore what history tells me.

Let's hope it doesn't do the GTA Online thing. But then again, it's expected right? Give it a few weeks and the game should run nicely online. I might not be getting it on release day so I can wait a while.

Yeah, just give it a couple of days or even a week and they'll get the hang of this. To be honest, I am quite hyped that they are releasing this. Can't wait to go wild in this open world game.

Most online games have had their own server strains. I guess this won't be an exception. But I really hope that when it happens it isn't that worse like what happened to me on one of the MMORPG games that i've played. My character was wiped out.

Great, Elder scrolls rocks. I hope it does better than the previous versions since they had added the Online feature that made it into an MMORPG. This game will really be a hit once it goes out. I just hope that the server doesn't die once we all go online.

So far, I'm hoping for the best because they have experience with always-on line. But I'm not estatic about this going well. History has told us that on the console this just doesn't work. That we should be expecting issues when the game first launches. I'm hoping that this isn't the case but I'm not one to ignore what history tells me.

The only time I can actually remember a console MMORPG going off smoothly at launch was EverQuest Online Adventures on PS2. Of course, that's probably down to only so many people actually picking up EQOA at the time. ESO will be a beast.

Yeah, I'm not seeing this starting off well. The track record for games that are always online or having anything to do with online servers hasn't been riddled with beginning success. The most recent being GTA Online, but like other people have said who isn't scarred by recent memories of SimCity. That still is the worst launch I've ever seen.

Yeah, I'm not seeing this starting off well. The track record for games that are always online or having anything to do with online servers hasn't been riddled with beginning success. The most recent being GTA Online, but like other people have said who isn't scarred by recent memories of SimCity. That still is the worst launch I've ever seen.

I hope this game launch isn't that worse as SimCity or GTA online.

I feel like I'll be on Youtube so much, watching PC playthroughs that by the time it comes to get the game on Xbox, I'll be tired of seeing it :p Nahhhh, not possible :p

I feel like I'll be on Youtube so much, watching PC playthroughs that by the time it comes to get the game on Xbox, I'll be tired of seeing it :p Nahhhh, not possible

Haha. I've checked youtube and some gaming sites for a while about it and I still am. I never get tired of looking at how this game will be once I get it.

This is exactly right... it's really down to how they decide to spend their money, they could spend a lot on server work to let it run smoothly for the first week or so at launch... but after that, it will die down a little, and there'll be no further use for the use for those servers. While they could take them out and repurpose them. I don't think Zenimax will have any use for them past TESO. So I agree, it's to be expected to be perform poorly to begin with and then ease out.

Back