Xbox One External hard drive question...

I am having problems copying my disc based games, all the downloads went fine. I only have 5 and 3 like
COD Ghosts/Titanfall/Ryse I might never play again so no big deal I guess.

Whenever I try to copy/move a disc based game, it won't let me and says something about finishing the install first.

I really did not fool with it much and just moved some other things. Maybe I need to reinstall them to the external, not sure yet, but I might try that later.

kinda why i suggest to anyone thinking an external is in the future to jump on it now... the more you have in storage the more your going to hate transferring.

Yes. I didn't think it needed it before, but maybe they need a basic 500gb version and a hardcore 2tb version or something like that. I never thought I would use up 500gigs so quick.

It was even worse upgrading my PS4 as you have to remove the HD, reinstall the OS and then reinstall all the games and apps. It took me days to get back to normal.

I don't think I am going to copy everything yet, so far my "plan" is to just move everything that is over 1gig and see where it's at.

xb1 does offer a 1tb internal on consoles..

if the aaa games were not 50+gb it would not be bad.. most of the games with gold and such are in the 2-6gb size.. i dont see a ton of apps that take up massive space

now that i have 3tb i think i can get 5 years out of it in all honesty. i only want a few aaa games at this point.. games with gold are small and ea access games tend to be sports.. so once nfl2k15 hits i will delete nfl25 from my hard drive. but the ea access unique games will stay..so i will have a good bit of wash out in that department..

I bought a buffalo 3tb external but xb1 doesn't give me an option to format it? Is it not compatible? Any ideas???

go into settings and storage

once it is found it may prompt you format..

once you plug in and power on(external power) i think connects it as a usb/flash type drive for pictures/audio

hope that helps.

Back