Original Xbox Favorite Game

RedNeckJiuJitsu

From
Engaged in Spiritual Warfare
What is/was your favorite game on the original Xbox and why? I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite between Halo 2 and DOA 2 or 3, although 007 Nightfire has gotta be pretty close up there as well.

Halo 2 - Do I really need to explain? Took all that I loved from old school shooters like Goldeneye and improved on it, gave it a great sci-fi storyline and great multiplayer levels.
DOA 2 & 3 - I've loved most fighting games ever since Street Fighter II, but never cared too much for 3D fighting games (except the Soul Calibur series). DOA, however, once I adjusted to it, was definitely a worthy successor. From more realistic special moves (including more grappling and joint locks) to multi-level stages and interaction with the levels, they were just very well-done games. Also, I love the story lines as well.
007 Nightfire - Before Halo 2, this was definitely my favorite shooter, and there's some things about it that I prefer over Halo, such as guided rockets instead of just locking on to a target. My buddy that I played this with and I would find new places and hide and guide the rockets around corners and such. The problem is getting somebody who wants to play this instead of Halo.

I don't have a favorite game, truly. There are a lot of games out there which are really fun to me, and I can't pick out my favorite one out of all of those. I do really like Battlefield 3 though, but it's not my favorite, as explained before.

Halo 2 just because it was the greatest game of its time and it was the best and the most played by me for a long time.

And Dark he means on the Original Xbox not the Xbox 360.

I wasn't much of an action gamer back when I owned (and still remembered where all my console cables for) and xbox, so my favorite game is actually Fuzion Frenzy. I absolutely fell in love with it when I was playing it at my cousin's house and it really is the game from that console that stuck with me the most.

I do not have a favorite game per say. What I play depends on my mood. I like Conker: Live & Reloaded because Conker is one bad, and tough squirrel. I like the things Conker said in the game. He sure said some naughty, and graphic stuff. I liked to go on quests in the game. My favorite multi-player part of the game is Capture the Flag because I like competition. The teddy bears in the game looked so vicious and evil. My favorite weapon for close-up attack was the long Japanese Sword.

Halo: Combat Evolved. I played that game for hours and hours when it first came out. It was my favorite game of all time for a while as well. I liked the game so much, I even picked it up for PC. I was also a big fan of Halo 2, but it never gave me the same feeling as Combat Evolved.

Halo 1 and 2, Red Faction 2 and Crimson skies high road to revenge.

Red Faction 2 was cool but the multiplayer is what I really liked about it. You could make your own bots and play a game with them and they get points from each game that you can then use to level them up making them even more deadly. It was lots of fun.

I never had an Xbox but my brother did so I stole his games and played them on my 360 except for Red Faction 2.

Mine is definitely Halo 2. I spent hours playing that game. When I modded my original Xbox, I use to be able to fly across the map and have fun with vehicles. I definitely miss those days.

Barring Halo because it's too awesome, and multiplatform games such as Morrowind and Silent Hill 2,

Ninja Gaiden Black - Yes, Sigma is another updated port of the first Ninja Gaiden, but Black is technically an Xbox exclusive. Wow, this game is just amazing. I started to fall out of love with action-adventure games about mid-way through this console gen, and I picked this game up around then, which rekindled my love for them. The intricate combat system, the stifling difficulty, the platforming, bosses with giant life bars; this game had me hooked from the get-go. It was refreshing to play a game that I'd actually have to build a skillset for to prevail, because games were getting progressively easier. Ninja Gaiden also has this way of being challenging in a good way, rather than just being flat-out cheap. There are exceptions (curse you, ghost fish!) but as a whole, if you die, you're at fault. I highly recommend playing the first Ninja Gaiden; if you have a PS3, go for Sigma, but the Xbox marketplace has Ninja Gaiden Black if you're an Xbox fan only.

I'd have to pick between either Shenmue 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 as my favorite Xbox game. The complexity of both games was so astounding I had a really hard time letting go of the remote.
Honorable mention to Fable, in which I spent weeks on end, wonderful game as well.

Splinter Cell was the most amazing game I've ever played for any Microsoft console. Seriously this game made me walk in the dark in my house for weeks. I wanted to try and climb on pipes and sneak up on my sister. haha. I did it once she got scared! SAM FISHER!!!

Justice League - this game is often over looked. One amazing game. I've played it all the way through 3 times now. Defiantly check it out. It's kind of like Double Dragons. Seriously a sweet game. Should check it check it out!

FUSION FRENZY!!!!! - This game takes the cake for multilayer games. Much better then mario party by A FAR.

Halo 2 and Fable. Fable was amazing, I need to replay that one. And Halo 2... well, that goes without saying.

Halo 2 was only good for the multilayer. I didn't really enjoy the game nor the story. It was always this huge epic game, but I really just wanted to pwn newbs like a normal day in my life. Really tho I never really go into this whole game. Thought it was kinda lame to be honest.

just my 2 cents tho. fine take a dollar

Add to that Halo 1 was pretty interesting and I'll never forget those good days playing multilayer on XBOX LIVE circa 2001. .haha #goodtimes

Yeah, like 99% of my game time was multiplayer. The story mode was pretty good (from what I remember) although I had trouble keeping up with the actual plot but the gameplay was so good that I didn't care to keep track of it. Ahh, to be a whippersnapper again.

Well I would say my favorite Xbox Original game would have to be Star Wars Battlefront because I always loved Star Wars and it was a great game with awesome multiplayer.

For the Xbox 360 Though:
I really enjoyed Fallout 3 I've beat the game loads of times and every time you learn something different. It's truly an incredible game.

Mine would definitely be The Warriors, the fighting is really awesome and the whole enviroment too! If you haven't played it, or haven't seen the movie yet, go play and see them, I can highly recommend them. Plus, the game was developed by Rockstar.

I would definitely say favorite would be Jade Empire, it was very deep and interesting rpg. Sure it was also on the PC but you know, Xbox made it for me.

Honorable Mentions:Odd World Munch's Oddysee, Cel Damage, and Halo 2.

I clicked this thread JUST to see if anyone would mention Jade Empire, sure enough I wasn't disappointed. Jade Empire is still one of the best games I've ever played. It's sitting on my shelf right now, I can't see myself ever parting with it.

I'm upset they STILL haven't released a sequel to it, I mean come on Bioware, what the heck?

I clicked this thread JUST to see if anyone would mention Jade Empire, sure enough I wasn't disappointed. Jade Empire is still one of the best games I've ever played. It's sitting on my shelf right now, I can't see myself ever parting with it.

I'm upset they STILL haven't released a sequel to it, I mean come on Bioware, what the heck?

I am a huge fan of games by Bioware. I have played SW: Kotor, SW: Kotor The Sith Lords & Dragon Age. And I plan on playing all of the Mass Effect series too. Can you recommend me Jade Empire? I don't care whether the graphics are xbox era or not because I love games from that era, I will start playing Fable anytime soon now too. RPG's are awesome!

Back