Favorite Mario Game

My favorite will always be Paper Mario: The Thousand-year Door for Gamecube and Super Mario RPG for SNES. I wasn't born on the SNES era but I was able to play it after buying the retron3. Mario will always be a legend in gaming. I'm pretty sure Mario will still be famous no matter how terrible a spin-off is.
I disagree with Super Mario RPG (I hate that game, but to each their own) but Paper Mario 2 is excellent. It's sad that after that amazing game we got the massive turd that is Super Paper Mario. Sticker Star seems decent but not as good as PM2 (I haven't played Sticker Star).

I'm not a big Mario fan, but I pretty much like playing Mario Party on the DS. I love all those minigames that make use of the touch screen so fluently.

I disagree with Super Mario RPG (I hate that game, but to each their own) but Paper Mario 2 is excellent. It's sad that after that amazing game we got the massive turd that is Super Paper Mario. Sticker Star seems decent but not as good as PM2 (I haven't played Sticker Star).

I kinda liked it because Im an RPG guy. I thought it was like a Final Fantasy and Super Mario combination. Yes, It was a pretty weird combination but I think it works pretty well considering they came from a different genre. Just my opinion though. :)

I kinda liked it because Im an RPG guy. I thought it was like a Final Fantasy and Super Mario combination. Yes, It was a pretty weird combination but I think it works pretty well considering they came from a different genre. Just my opinion though. :)
I don't think the game itself is bad but it just feels so WEIRD. Like, stuff like Geno, who everybody seems to love.. Gameplay's pretty good, though.

Only the classic one since it's the only Mario game I played :D

I remember playing Super Mario World with my cousin when I was about 4 years old. It was amazing -- I still remember that castle level. Good times!

It's a hard pick, they are all good on their own stuff, but if i really had to choose, i would go with Super Mario 64. The jump to 3D was just so well made, it's hard to believe how good it is without trying.

OK, I think I've already posted in this thread saying that SMB3 was my favorite, right? I take that back. I've now played Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS and I have to say that, despite it being short, SM3DL is my favorite Mario game now. Also, by beating it I mean I beat the main worlds AND the special worlds and picked up all star coins. It was so damn fun, I must say. Also has great graphics and music (though I never played with 3D on, it just bothers me and I never actually notice any 3D effects, but that's an issue I have with the 3DS and not the game).

It just feels like such a perfect combination of 2D and 3D Mario games! I have a friend that loves Mario and he also said that it was the greatest Mario game!

I'm torn between Super Mario 64 and Paper Mario. Super Mario World is one of the first games I had ever played, so it's up there as well, but I think I'll go with Super Mario 64. SM 64 is simply one of the best platforming games ever made, while there are better RPGs out there than Paper Mario.

Mario games are just consistently fun. Mario 3 on NES or Mario 64 are probably my favorites, I spent the most time playing them. Every Nintendo system I don't buy, a Mario game comes out for it and makes me kind of wish I had one at least for that game. I've been replaying New Super Mario Bros. on my old DS recently and it's fun. Oh also don't forget Yoshi's Island for the DS, that game was a blast. That's not to mention all the other spin-offs like Mario Kart, Dr. Mario, Mario & Luigi RPGs... There are so many good Mario games!

I have played many Mario games from the NES to PC emulators. To this day, I browse around for Mario emulators in hopes that some will be decent. I can't decide which game was my favorite since it has been a while since I played a physical version on the DS or NES, but one game I spent the most time on was Super Mario World.

My favorite Mario game is Super Mario 64. That game is just perfect and one of the greatest games of all time. I could play that game day and night, haha. I grew up with it, that game is a part of me, lol.

My favourite Mario game right now is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. That game was a perfect sequel to the first game - it had the same humour, an infinitely longer storyline, even better music, very new and original ideas (the whole of Chapter 4 for example) and more badges. It was the ultimate Paper Mario game and it still is. Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario were disappointments for me as they stripped down Paper Mario and offered a lesser package. Sticker Star was unplayable compared to SPM though. TTYD offered a great challenge, great partners, great foes, a great soundtrack, a great atmosphere, great visuals and last but certainly not least, great gameplay. It was and still is a one of a kind game.

Super Mario 64 is my favorite, without a doubt. Part of that, though, is due to the nostalgia I feel every time I play it. It was one of my favorite video games growing up. I really liked Super Mario Sunshine, too.

My favorite Mario game would have to be a tie between Paper Mario and Super Mario 64. I loved Paper Mario since it was another RPG type Mario game and I loved the new paper aspect of the game. The story was interesting in how this time, you not only had to save Peach, but also the 7 star spirits as well. Mario 64 was awesome because the design and detail of the game was massive at the time of it's release and you can elements of it in the Mario Galaxy games.

Back