Favorite old school PC game

I loved playing Jurassic Park: Chaos Island. This game was a major stepping stone to get into PC gaming. I'd click the base camp countless times in order to get a vast army of assistants in order to demolish the enemy NPCs on the map. I know i've spent hundreds of hours on that game alone, I even still play it to this very day.

Heroes was a really great game, and I still remember how addicted I was to it back in the day. I also loved the Quake series because it was the first game I ever played of its genre. Another game that I miss playing is Doom, perhaps the only game that I played more than five times.

Need for Speed 2. I remember playing the tracks over and over again with both the McLaren and the FZR. Going back even more I think I spent quite a lot of time finishing Lion King and Wolf 3D. Both were pretty fun games. Oh and the original Prince of Persia even though it took me a few months to find my way through the first stage. :p

For me, it was midtown madness, it was really interesting to play at that time.
Other games were- Sky Rider, vCop 2, Crazy Taxi, Seven Kingdoms.

Those games were really great at their time.

My husband's favorite PC game was Diablo 1 if that counts thought He plays Age of Empires all the time whenever our internet is down on his PC and the first PC game I played was Ultima .I agree taht EA screwed it up. Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne expansion was my brother's favorite and I did love watching my cousin play Civilization on his PC.

Tip of my hat to RollerCoaster Tycoon. I still boot it up once in a while and engineer some fantastic rides. I think I still have all the expansions for it sitting in my basement!

The old Command and Conquer, the Crusader games, Half Life, and who could ever forget Mech Warrior.

If you're 12, don't post here, because MW2 is not "old school" by any means, and never will be.

Back