Favorite old school PC game

Ninja Gaiden. I was obsessed with Ninja's and the Ninja culture when I was little. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ninja clothing, you name it. And Ninja Gaiden was the first PC game I ever played. So I just naturally took a liking to it.

Probably Doom I. Played 2 and 3, but I really like old school Doom. Brings back many memories.

Ski Free, hands down. I'm talking beginning of the 90s on this one for you younger gamers,

Check it out, it's virtually impossible to win entirely. It's purposely made for that though, which makes it even better!

For me it would the Counter Strike 1.6. I recently got back into it after running the gaming club at my high school and someone made the suggestion. Other then that it would be emulated versions of some old dreamcast games.

I loved the Original Halo. It was the game that got me into gaming. Favorite game of all time.
A lot of players still play the Original Halo online and I am one of them.

I got hooked up to Starcraft Gundam mod since I am a big Gundam fan and having that mod for Starcraft couldnt stop me from playing before.
Battle Realms, I played it for probably 2 months with some friends until I got bored but still one of my favorite old school games.
Counter Strike 1.6 no doubt and I am still playing it with the new mod Xtreme v1.6.

My favourite old school PC game has to be The Sims. I spent hours upon hours designing the houses to perfection. The only downside was that my computer would struggle to keep up with the demand as I added more and more to the house, and so the loading times would become ridiculous. The Sims will always remain a classic though in my mind.

I started PC gaming when I was incredibly young, playing Number Munchers, Mario Teaches Typing, Doom, and all those games, for MS DOS. My favorite game though, has to be StarCraft 1. I bought StarCraft 1 when I was on vacation in Oregon when I was 10 years old. After playing the game for years, I made a lot of Korean and German friends.and even played on private tournament servers. I was playing on private servers where people eventually went semi pro, to pro, but eventually my time died out. StarCraft 1 will always have a place in my heart.

I remember playing a game called "shogun total war" and at first being totally lost. After a few hours I was hooked. After that I quickly moved on to "Rome Total War" and I have to say that it wasn't as good as shogun.

I was thinking about all the games I used to play on my computer before the advent of consoles. I was thinking about all the games that used to be popular back then and I remember getting a kick out of Oregon Trail even though I never actually made it to Oregon. I died of cholera and dysentery a lot. What is your favorite old school PC game?

Oregon Trail was always pretty fun. However, it was a bit disappointing when I got to the end of the trail and the game just abruptly ended. No housebuilding or living out in the west or anything:(

I still boot up X-Com: UFO defense once in a while. It's just such a fun game and the story lines you can make up in your head for your soldiers can be so fun. I've yet to play the newest X-com (I'm waiting for a decent sale to come around) but I hope it has the same feeling when it comes to wanting your soldiers to survive.

In fact, everytime I think of how awesome X-com is I want to play it... think I'll do that right now haha.:cool:

Mine would have to be Myst or maybe Day Of The Tentacle. I don't know I just absolutely love those old click and point adventures. They never get old to me and they are so in depth and I love them so much!

Good call on Myst and Day of the Tentacle, though I think I prefer Riven to Myst. Day of the Tentacle is just bar none one of the funniest games I've ever played. The time travel aspect was a blast, the characters were memorable and the writing was spot on.

Now that Lucasarts is in Disney's hands, maybe they'll use some of those IP's that are sitting around and revive the Maniac Mansion series so we can get a proper Day of the Tentacle sequel.

My favourite old school would have to be Doom, I loved playing it on DOS. Was simply amazing! I remember my parents saying that the graphics were so realistic! Look at the games now... Easily my favourite old school game

-Paul

The best old-school game in my opinion is Heroes of Might and Magic 4. I liked this better than all the other games of the franchise. I remember spending an entire summer just playing this game. Oh the memories of a no-lifer back in the day.

When we got our first computer in 93 it was some random IBM type. Before that I'd only ever used the tin screened apple ones in Grade school I remember the kids fighting over who got to play the Oregon trail and where in the world is Carmen San Diego. (This was right before the show started.). The game I enjoyed best on that old computer was Hugo III. He's trapped in the jungle and you type out what actions you want him to do or what you want him to say to the witch dr and other random people.of course as kids we delighted in telling him to do inappropriate things and swear. We also had Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers but that was awful.

Pajama Sam and The Backyard Sports Series. I absolutely loved playing these two games. I didn't watch sports or go out to play sports as a child- I would live out my lack of athletic skill through the Backyard Sports games!

Hmm... Civilization would be my answer, but if I think about it - Doom. My horroriphilia is all about Doom - I enjoyed the claustrophobic corridors, the evil demon babies, the fact it established my continuing distrust of bathrooms. It is one of the first fushions I played - horror +FPS.

Day of the Tentacle, duh. That is one of my all time favorite games, the story, the music, the comedy, everything is just so amazing and fresh about it and Lucas Arts did such an amazing job on that game.

I loved playing racing games on my computer one of my favourites was Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. If we're going really old school then I'd say Dangerous Dave and Mario! Loved them!

I also played a bit of sim games including Rollercoaster Tycoon and such.

For me it's Heroes of might and magic 3. I would play the game again if I could find people to play with :|

I would have to agree on this one. There are hundreds of 'old school' games that I've played, but Heroes 3 is one of the few that I still return to to this day. You should check out Game Ranger which lets you make lobbies with people all over the internet so you can play with randomers, its also pretty useful in establishing a connection with friends because the Heroes multiplayer interface isn't very good.

Back