Favorite Pokemon Game?

From
Tempe
The age old question comes up again to all Pokemon fans and players over the years.

I can't say I have a favorite, but my top three are:

1. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
2. Pokemon Stadium 2
3. Pokemon Card Game for GameBoy Color.

What are yours?

I've always loved the originals more than the new games. Red/Blue/Yellow and Silver/Gold are up there as my favourites, but I do like playing FireRed/LeafGreen etc =p I also really loved Pokemon Snap, it's so simple but kind of addicting. I'd love to see a Pokemon Snap 2 but with a more free roam style and lots more Pokemon :)

I don’t play Pokemon games anymore, it has lost its appeal to me and I find it boring. However, Gold is the best Pokemon game ever I ever played, in fact I played for days straight.

Soul Silver and Heart Gold. Great remakes of my favorites. I don't play Pokémon nowadays, though. It has become extremely stale and repetitive... at least X and Y look like a breath of fresh hair... though they have extremely stupid names.

Emerald for me. Great story line, cool Pokemon, seven legendaries, etc. The list goes on and on.

I've not played a lot of the games, but in it's time, Red was a great game. I recently replayed through it, as well as a hacked version called Pokemon Brown. I thought that Brown did a good job improving on Red, as it added it some of the newer Pokemon and giving a bit of a new storyline and some new items.
The only other official release that I've played was Platinum, and except for the Pokemon beauty pageant things, it took all the good that I remember from the original games and improved on it. At some point, if I see one cheap somewhere, I may get it. I dunno if I'd go with the gen 2 or 3 games, though, as they seem to not be enough of a step up from gen 1 compared to the gen 4 games...

I'm not a huge Pokémon fan, but my favorite one would've been Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Never got tired of playing that game on my GBA in the pitch dark night. The new DS ones aren't really appealing, in my opinion.

I should say pokemon crystal and ruby. Crystal is the first Pokemon game that I played. They said the first is always the best, I gotta agree with that this time. I can still remember having trouble playing my GBC at the sun, lol.

I haven't played Pokemon in ages, but one of all times favorite Pokemon game are: Pokemon Red,Blue and Ruby.

I have always been a fan of the Pokemon series, ever since I was a little kid in second grade. I have waned with my knowledge of Pokemon ever since, but I think some of my favorite games have been on the handhelds, they have always proven to be addictive and very immersible for such a small idea. If they could figure out a way to splice a fallout with Pokemon I am sure the guys at Nintendo would have a field day in sales. The ability to run around and summon your creature to fight other and capture them then train them to become more powerful in a larger environment. Not just one on one combat but summoning all your Pokemon to take down a boss. That would be a million dollar plan.

I love the pokemon series, my favorite game would have to be Pokemon: Blue. Was the first game i ever played and loved it.

Pokemon red for gameboy color, hands down. I played that til my eyes bled. Rare candy glitch to get all my pokemon to level 99? I'll take it!

My favorite Pokemon game will forever be Pokemon Silver. It's the game I first started playing on my Gameboy Color. I remember when I use to use the cheat to duplicate items like rare candy and the master ball. I would use the master ball to catch the legendary dog Pokemon because any other way took way too long.

I remember when using that cheat all my Pokemon were erased except for a couple of Eevees. I was forced to use those two as my beginner Pokemon and eventually I had an Umbereon and an Espeon. Rare experience it was.

Yellow was my fav, I was like 8 and loved the animé so that you were ash/red it was great! Haha I actually owned all 3 gen 1 games at one point and remember reading about missingno and just last year I finally got mew in yellow, more then a decade later and it's still amazing XD

Yellow was my fav, I was like 8 and loved the animé so that you were ash/red it was great! Haha I actually owned all 3 gen 1 games at one point and remember reading about missingno and just last year I finally got mew in yellow, more then a decade later and it's still amazing XD

Agreed. I loved the concept of knowing that you could have all three of the starters while having Pika. What a goldmine to win gamers over. The only downside is the removal of the rare candy, M glitch/cheat.

Pokemon Silver / Pokemon Soul Silver, for me. It had the best pokemons, the best region, the best ending.

Pokemon Stadium 2 was a mini-game galore, fun for everyone in small doses.

Hmm, tough call here. Gen 2 is my favorite, but I still have to say Yellow is my favorite due to it being the first game in the series I owned plus the fact that you can get all of the starters.

I've always loved Pokemon. I'll just make a list, in order:

1. Pokemon Crystal
2. Pokemon Ruby
3. Pokemon Yellow
4. Pokemon Colosseum

My favorite pokemon game would be Pokemon Emerald. I played it both on the gameboy and DS and had a lot of fun playing it. I think I replayed it at least 3 times before actually moving on. I had trouble getting to Rayquaza though, the bike part was really frustrating. It sure has been a while since I played one of them though, maybe I'll buy Pokemon X and Y just for the hell of it.

The new Black 2 is my favorite as it has lots of improvements that others don't, for example:
-Reusable TM's
-Can auto use Repels when they end
-Unlike Black, has Pokemon from different generations, creating diverse teams

Back