Xbox 360 Game you regretted buying new?

I wholeheartedly regret buying (in fact pre-ordering) The Darkness 2. $60 for about 5-6 hours of game play in one sit down, linear storyline, new voice actor for Jackie which seemed awkward and overall just didn't live up to the original. The Darkness is one of my favourite games for the 360 and I was looking forward to a sequel for a long time. It wasn't worth the money though.

Uncharted 2 is something I regret buying new. To me, I fell victim to the hype, but in my honest opinion, the game delivered. I ended up watching a lot of video guides even though it was fairly easy for me to play. I loved the story even though it would be predictable at the end, and it really had that Indiana Jones feel to it in my perspective.

But it wasn’t something I should’ve spent full retail price on because I could’ve watched or read all the guides before buying a cheaper or even used version of it. Like others have stated, nothing is worth paying full retail price, unless it’s a limited edition or something.

I totally agree on Halo 4. I don't remember if I bought Modern Warfare 3 new or not, but if I did, I might have regretted it. Halo 4 was a huge disappointment and Modern Warfare 3 was okay (I expected more from Halo 4, you know what you get with a CoD game). I rarely buy new games, I think Halo 4 was the 2nd most recent game I bought new, the most recent is GTA V. I don't regret GTA V so far.

Probably Skyrim. Not because I hated the game or anything (absolutely love it) but because I didn't really get a chance to sit down and play it for about 2 months after I bought it. I think I logged 2 hours in the first 2 months I had it. Not exactly a great investment at the time.

Back