Good games for a 15 year old?

alycat32

I'm admittedly not much of a PC gamer, but my friends son is turning 15 and his dads getting him a nice computer for his birthday. He suggested getting him a game for it, but I'm lost as to what great games are. Any suggestions?

Pirate a couple 10 or 20 and put it on him = Best surprise ever.

Okay, Now something legal..
Find his Interests maybe? Almost every kid loves COD and Battlefield, so try that.
Then again there are gems of games like Skyrim, Far Cry 3 (my Personal favorite) and many more.
Find out what he's interested in

Here's a list of some good games.

Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Skyrim
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite

You could always get a steam gift card so he could just buy his own games for himself. It really saves you time from shopping around for a game and also the disappointment if he already has the game. There is a great selection of game in the store and most likely, he has a steam account because it the largest vendor for digital copies of game.

I'd also recommend Skyrim. That has pretty wide appeal. Or get him a greatest hits style of game where he can play multiple classic PC games from the same disc. He might like the new Diablo. I've tried that out and I enjoyed it. The graphics are excellent.

You're really going to have to find out what kind of games he likes or your will not get anywhere. I could suggest games all day and you would never know if he would actually like them or not because there are numerous amounts of games that are suitable for a fifteen year old.

I'd suggest getting him a Steam gift card like someone above said. Otherwise, CS:GO is a great game if he likes FPS games. Otherwise, you can never go wrong with Portal/Portal 2, or Skyrim. Also, someone above mentioned Far Cry 3 - It does have some sexual scenes in it, but I'm sure a 15 year old could handle it. It's really a great game though.

Is age really a matter? I was playing Postal 2 around his age, so i don't see the problem. Just showing some of your games and see what he likes more so you can know what to buy for him.

If I were in your shows I would buy him a giftcard to a gaming store in your area (or online) and let him pick out what he wants. I would be afraid of picking out a game that he doesn't really want. Be the coolest person at his b-day party and give him some cash.

Skyrim is a great game and can keep him entertained for months or even years.

This is in the PC section, I don't know that gaming stores have many PC games in their selection. They do have Steam cards though, *nudge nudge* I think that's the best idea for OP to do.

Thanks guys, I guess a gift card would be the absolute best option, better than wasting money on a guess :)

Yep. Good luck with your 15 year old, they can be difficult at times. Hope he enjoys his gift card :)

I'd also recommend Skyrim. That has pretty wide appeal. Or get him a greatest hits style of game where he can play multiple classic PC games from the same disc. He might like the new Diablo. I've tried that out and I enjoyed it. The graphics are excellent.

Skyrim is awesome, don't know about Diablo but Skyrim is the greatest game of all time.
Although I got bored of it too soon, don't know about others, but for me, it turned boring.

If your friend gets him Battlefield 3 he will be too busy to go out and try to lose his virginity or experiment with drugs.

Okay so I can't post links because I don't have 25 posts, but Amazon has the DISC version of BF3 Premium (cool emblems + ALL DLC) for $29.88. Crazy, crazy low price considering there's $75 worth of DLC. Just make sure your buddy gets him the Premium version. Gorgeous game, great DLC content, almost too much to unlock, and I can almost guarantee you that the Battlefield 3 scene will be alive for a while on PC. I played BF2 the other day on a full 64 person server and it was packed. Had a blast and that game was released over 8 years ago. Battlefield has always had an incredibly strong PC community.

Thanks guys, I guess a gift card would be the absolute best option, better than wasting money on a guess :)

Yeah a Steam gift card is probably the best way to go but you never know, maybe you could discover a game that hell love! I recommend Mount and Blade: Warband since its 20 bucks and tons of fun for a lot of people. I guess its risky of getting that for him since not everyone likes it but you could be the one to discover an entirely new game that he loves! I remember when i used to rent games as a kid my mom picked out some really good games and i was always so happy she did because i wasnt good at picking them out.

I would also recommend Skyrim. It's easy to play yet it can keep you entertained for many months. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay and storyline are very compelling.

In my records, age is but a number that merely depicts how long you have lived in this world and how long you have survived before death. Maturity cannot be compared with age, but surely maturity comes from experience through age. Anyways, it all depends on what he likes to play. As a person who plays all types of games here, I would strongly recommend him to NOT play CoD, but games such as Skyrim, Counter Strike, Battlefield, Far Cry, and other series are great choices. If it's too violent for him (which I think is not), I would strongly recommend him to play puzzle games on par with Portal and Portal 2.

Try Grand Theft Auto. I would pick San Andreas because it has a good story-line. Find some games on steam he will really like. Aim for FPS shooters (AIM for FPS shooters, HAHAHAH that's so funny.) Battlefield 3, Call Of Duty, etc. I would look for robbery games aswell, they're fun. (Payday 2)

Tell us his reaction when he gets his PC and all of the games.

Try Grand Theft Auto. I would pick San Andreas because it has a good story-line. Find some games on steam he will really like. Aim for FPS shooters (AIM for FPS shooters, HAHAHAH that's so funny.) Battlefield 3, Call Of Duty, etc. I would look for robbery games aswell, they're fun. (Payday 2)

Tell us his reaction when he gets his PC and all of the games.

So, you are suggesting the most violent game of all time for a 15 year old? Did you read the news that an 8 yr old kid shot is grandmother after playing GTA IV?

Back