Xbox 360 Graphics or Gameplay?

In response to the original question, I'd choose graphics over gameplay. The reason is because everything is meant to be hi-def, home theatre style nowadays. My whole gaming set up caters to the "wow" factor. I play on a 50" flat screen, with a Samsung 5.1 surround sound system. No way I would waste all that money playing a game that doesn't make use of that investment! lol But I place a lot of weight on gameplay as well. A game that looks pretty but plays terrible will only be reserved as a show off type game. You know - the game you play when your non-gamer friends are over, just to impress them with the technology.

Is this even a question?
Gameplay..
I play oldschool and new school games back and forth.
Couple of weeks ago me and a friend were playing NFS1 on the Saturn!

I'd say gameplay because one thing I've noticed is graphics tend to be like the images of food you see in a magazine or storefront. Somehow they never look as good once they reach your house. The reviewers sometimes really brag about the detail a developer put into their games and I'm not saying it isn't true however its usually not nearly as good looking on screen as you may be led to believe. The gameplay however might be truly remarkable and it might control like a dream and I think that is what ends up making the game ultimately.

Back