Original Xbox Gta: Sa!

jliehr

San Andreas was such an awesome game. It was one of the best games of its time (maybe even now!) truly. Don't you agree?

I agree. GTA San Andreas offered players a very deep level of immersion that few games could rival at the time. You could do so much in the game world of SA that I would always lose track of time. I could kill all the people on my block, I could drive from one end of a city to another, I could join races, go to clubs, date girls... Simply awesome.

I never got into that one as much as GTA 3 and GTA Vice city honestly, It was cool cause you could ride bikes but that was all I really found

San Andreas is just the greatest game I have ever played. I remember spending days and days in a row playing San Andreas. Had to pull myself away to return to the real world. Can you imagine a HD remake of San Andreas? Drools...

Well the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 5 takes place in San Andreas, so even though it's not an HD remake ,you will get to experience San Andreas with current gen graphics. The map size for GTA 5 is supposed to be the size of GTA 4 and San Andreas combined.

Between the new vehicles, flyable airplanes, the San Francisco type area and the California ski resort, you'll probably have a hard time returning back to the real world with GTA 5 too. I don't usually call in sick or take days off, but I might take the day off after GTA 5 releases because Grand Theft Auto 5 games are like crack to me.

A salute to the original GTA, Vice City. Comparing among GTA games, I will vote for Vice City as the most awesome GTA games. Though it is really old game by now but back when it was newly released, I spend three days straight and it was really awesome.

GTA: SA was what really revolutionized the GTA series. It was simply a brilliant piece of work at the time and one idea lead to another, which we all now lead to where it is now. I loved that game, still play it whenever I'm bored! :p

I love GTA SA. I still have the game and play it once in a while. My favorite part is the map. It allows me to track down competitors and "colleagues". One of my goal was to take over the whole place. The map was vital to my success in missions. I finished the game rather quickly. The controls and commands were simple and easy to use. Did you guys and gals use any cheats?

San Andreas is still the best GTA game. Much better than the boring turd that GTA4 turned out to be, anyway. GTA4 forgot what FUN meant. SA had an excessive amount of fun, with jetpacks, planes, gang wars, etc... and I loved the riot and "give weapons to the civilians" cheat codes. Put them together and OH MY GOD, BEST GAME EVER.

Best GTA ever. It's not even a discussion anymore. Vice City is not as good but it's still better than GTA IV. I wish GTA V can finally surpass SA. I've been looking for a GTA that can be compared to SA for quite a while now and maybe the upcoming one is the answer.
IV failed so bad that I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more.

IV failed so bad that I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more.
I've yet to actually get into Sleeping Dogs, but it sure as hell looks a lot more fun than GTAIV. All three Saints Row games are better than GTAIV, in my opinion, too. GTAIV just tried to be too damn serious and failed and the missions were way repetitive...

I was more into Vice City and my brother was more interested in San Andreas, but looking at what you can do in San Andreas compared to Vice City, it's a shame that I didn't get into it. The simple fact that you could go into pizza shacks and Cluckin' Bell was a plus, and I love the major customization you can put on your cars. So I would have to agree with you it was one of the best games ever created.:cool:

San Andreas was really what got me into the Grand Theft Auto series. I have honestly enjoyed every single minute of gameplay that I have had in that game. I really wish they would make a HD version and re-release it. I guess they're pretty busy with GTA5 at the moment.

To this day, San Andreas continues to be the most popular GTA game. They got everything right on point in that one, and they haven't really been able to capture it again. I'm sure if they recreated the game exactly as it is in the new engine they use for the newer games, they would make a fortune off of it. I mean, clearly they would end up making changes to it, no doubt. But if you ask me, it is still a wonderful idea. I guess we'll see how 5 turns out, and hope they can get it right this time.

Still not a fan of the frame skip/motion blur used to simulate speeds in GTA SA , why I liked VC better....

I definitely agree with you, GTA San Andreas was the bomb, I just loved playing that game - running towards cars and hijacking them on traffic lights. ;) , such a fun game.

I never actually got to play San Andreas. The first week I got it, a "friend" stole it and that was that. I never went out and bought it again, I guess I just sort of forgot about it, only got to play it twice, briefly. Seemed like a cool game though.

The only reason Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was so popular and deemed better then every other game is because of the interactivity. The earlier GTA's were mainly about causing havoc and driving around, running over pedestrians. San Andreas was more then just that. You were able to customize your character with individual clothing, your hair style, your facial hair style, heigh and even muscle mass and weight. Plus, the little RPG elements in it were awesome like being able to dual wield after reaching a certain level, or bunny hopping extremely high after riding the bike everywhere. Plus, some of the little stuff was great too, like being able to actually hitch trailers to the semi trucks.

For me, it's still the best entry in the series. I really have high hopes for GTA V because of how it takes place in the same place as GTA: SA. The amount of things it had to do, places to explore, story, music, gameplay feel... it was the perfect open ended sandbox game and it might still be.

GTA: SA was what really revolutionized the GTA series. It was simply a brilliant piece of work at the time and one idea lead to another, which we all now lead to where it is now. I loved that game, still play it whenever I'm bored! :p

Actually what really revolutionized GTA was GTA 3, the first of many too come open world sandbox games where driving and shooting plays a big role.. IN 3D! But GTA SA was definitely a gamechanger too, with it's immense freedom and many things to do and explore. Can't wait for V to come out!

Back