Original Xbox Halo 2 vs. Halo 1

SteeelWoool

Which game did you guys like better? I know most people will say Halo 2, but I honestly liked the original more. The storyline was much more replayable, and I thought weapons were better balanced. If that game came out just a few months later after the release of Xbox Live, that would have been a WHOLE different ballgame, let me tell you. The mulitplayer was very competitive and great.

For me, the single-player experience of Halo CE is better, while Halo 2 has better multiplayer. The thing is, the weapon sandbox was altered in Halo 2 to fit multiplayer better, and this was perhaps Bungie's acknowledgement that Halo CE had a weapon sandbox very well-suited for the campaign, but wonky in the multiplayer. One thing that I love about CE is that it actually felt mysterious, even moreso than the introduction to the Prometheans in Halo 4.

I have to go with the original Halo. It had a real impact on gaming upon its release. I admit that Halo 2 had a better multiplayer mode, but when the original Halo came out it was one of those games you had to have! When I would go to a friends house and we would be thinking about what to play, it was like "You don't have Halo! WHATT??!! WHY??!!" I remember actually walking home to get my copy of the game and then having to fight to take it back home, lol! I was like, why do you even have an Xbox???

I have never played Halo 1 competitively, but I played Halo 2 competitively and loved it. But I think it's most exciting to watch Halo 1 gameplay when really map control and gun skill beat out everything. Halo 2 is definitely close to Halo 1, but I think just because Halo 1 was so balanced and took a lot of skill, it might be a bit better.

Halo 2, hands down!
I played the first one the PC years later, and even if good for what it tries, it will never reach the level of quality of the sequel. So many good memories of that game...

Halo 2 is my absolute favorite of all the Halo games. The storyline was phenomenal, the gameplay was perfected (in my opinion) and in included many innovations that made it better than the original Halo (dual wielding and playing as the Arbiter are just some examples.) It's online multiplayer was fantastic and I could play it for hours on end. I replayed the game many times, so it had a high replay value.

Not to mention, it was the first Halo game I ever played, so it has sentimental value too.

I loved the story and weapons better in the first Halo, but I think I had more fun playing halo 2 because Online was so much fun, it was the first game I properly played on XBL non stop for a while

Definitely the first one, just because it was a new mind blowing experience. I got so pumped towards the end running through the last levels messed some peeps up, and that guitar started shredding in the background lol.....Halo 2 didn't do it for me because it was just more of the same, and I didn't even beat halo 3 because I got bored.

At the time Halo was like nothing I had seen before, the guns, the enemies, the storyline, everything about it was incredible.

The story for Halo CE was better, the multiplayer for Halo 2 blew Halo CE out of the water. If for any other reason than Halo 2 and Shotguns on Midship, falling damage from Halo CE was the worst. I am a genetically engineered Spartan-II in MJOLNIR combat armor. Yet a twelve foot fall kills me? Come on! (GOB quote)

I think the Arbiter storyline in Halo 2 was a whole lot of meh... The storyline my have been longer, but Halo CE's was better. Not to mention Halo CE Legendary more was so difficult. It gave me something to work for.

The original Halo was pretty fun when it first came out and I remember playing it for hours at a friends house using that good ol' Split-Screen Co-op. It wasn't until Halo 2 came out that I remember actually WALKING to my local Hastings and picking it up and playing it with my same friend all through the night. Probably one of the first times I did an overnight session of gaming on just ONE game, without any breaks. To stay on Topic however, I'd have to say Halo 2 is better then the original in that it added more gameplay, had dual wielding, and in my opinion had the more entertaining Campaign. Plus, (Minus the PC Version) it was the first one to have online Multiplayer. So much fun.

I have to say that in my opinion the second halo was better in almost every aspect, but I was a lot more emotional while playing the very first Halo game something about hearing that music for the first time that actually gave me goose bumps.

Pistol sniping, that is all. Hahaha, just kidding, there's a lot more. I really enjoyed the story of Halo 2 more than the rest, but Halo 1 did have pistol sniping. I'm really glad they brought pistol sniping back in Halo 4.

I love Halo 2 all the way! I never pass a chance to announce my love for it on this forum. The multiplayer was so good, I'm dying for a remake of it or something that allows for me to play it online again. I've bought a ton of Halo games, and some were pretty good, but they never compared to good old Halo 2. I think for some reason they always have a tendency to make maps so big in multiplayer games, and I don't know why that is. I want non-stop action! Not to run for 2 minutes to where people are, get sniped, then run again for 2 minutes, etc. Halo 2 had some great small maps, remember "Longest" I think it was called? And Midship and who could forget Lockout! Those stages were so much fun.

If I'm going to be objective, Halo 2 is overall, a better game.

However, Halo 1 is the game that I have spent the most time playing ever. It was just so balanced but it managed to bring absolute mayhem. I'll never forget the amount of time me and my friends played trying to get into competitive. I remember how intense our slayer matches were and all the fun times where we just messed around with rocket launchers.

In Halo 2, I don't have those memories. I thought it was a good game, but when my friends and I played, it just wasn't the same. I feel like it is better in nearly every way than Halo 1, but Halo 1 just was a lot more smoother and easier to have fun with. I don't really know why though, it's probably nostalgia.

I love all of Halo 2 maps, so I would definitely have to go with Halo 2 for this one.

I was one of the weird guys who actually played Halo 2 before the original Halo so for me it was Halo 2. My buddy owned an Xbox and when I came over playing Halo 2 was the only thing we did haha. :D God I loved that game and all its maps... such great times. The multiplayer was just unparalleled.

When Halo 1 was released for PC I bought it and definitely enjoyed it and without a doubt the singleplayer for the original Halo is superior to Halo 2 but as previous mentioned, the multiplayer for the second installment has a very special place in my heart so I've got to go with Halo 2. Man! All this nostalgia makes me want to play some Halo 2.

The original Halo will always be the best because it was different. I remember when it first came out the game absolutely blew me away. It was totally different than anything else I had ever played. I loved it. I remember pre-ordering the second Halo. It was a great game and an awesome sequel. But I didn't get that feeling like I got with the first one.

Oh gosh this is a tough one. I've played both and honestly really enjoyed them. The first game had an amazing storyline and it really got
you gripped into playing more. The second one was more ambitious with better graphics and I like that some levels were on Earth.
I think in the end I would say the first one. Me and my sister used to play that one the most. The multiplayer was brutal and so much fun!
The game also has a lot of reply value, I think I might have played and completed it around 7 times now. I love the Halo series on a whole
though, some games are weaker than others but overall they're brilliant!

There are both cool games, but I will have to say Halo 2's controls were cooler. I find the final level of Halo 2 was awesome! I will have to say I like Halo: Combat Evolved better. :p

Halo 1 was probably one of the finest games that I had played up until that time in gaming history. Hours, and HOURS on end playing MP, the campaign with my friends, etc. However, Halo2 allowed me to start competing with the game at local lan tournaments and such, both of them have been such a big part of gaming to me, I honestly couldn't choose.

Back