Original Xbox Halo 2 vs. Halo 1

Hmm im better at Halo 1 but Halo 2 its better cus its so popular on programs like Xlink,XBCONNECT so you can easly find a game! ;)

I love both equally, but if I had to choose I would go with Halo 2 simply because I played it with my friends a lot. Halo CE's story felt really good, I mean it was the start of a franchise and we didn't know it, but multiplayer in halo 2 was so much fun.

Halo 1 began an imagination land of FPS. Regenerative health, vehicles that were awesome, a space story that wasn't lame and a sense of exploration onto truly crazy planets. The original Halo gave us proof that if you let creative people build games, those games will find meaning and a fan base that will chant for more. There was no way a Halo 2 would not be born and when it came out it was brilliant.

Halo is still played amongst my friends. We have launchers on flash drives so we don't even have to install the program anymore. Its multiplayer combat as well as its phenomenal exploration into the final hours of peace among humanity and the covenant gave it wings.

Halo 2 built on that and made such great progress that many people will still play it saying its better than Halo 3 while the newer Halo fans on Halo 4. Take what you will from all that, all we can be sure of is that Halo is a loved experience amongst single and multiplayer gamers and it will continue to be as time goes on.

To me, Halo CE has the better campaign, and is the better game overall, but Halo 2 has superior multiplayer.

I liked what Halo 2 added that wasn't in the first game, but it lacked the original appeal of the first one. I still think Halo 2 was an excellent game as a whole, especially with its multiplayer (which is the game that got me into multiplayer as a whole). The first game is the first "next gen" game I played, as well as the first (full) Xbox game I ever played, so it has a lot of sentimental value too.

I would have to go with Halo 2. I loved te first Halo but the second built on what made the first one so great and took it to another level. Plus, I remember spending so much time on multiplayer playing with friends on Halo 2, so I guess you could say I am a bit biased. It's really amazing to look back on how Halo began and see just how far it's come to the present. Really looking forward to next the Halo game on Xbox One.

Back