Have you ever hurt yourself while playing?

RonP44

This would also be applicable in the Kinect forum, but since it happened to me while playing the Wii I'm posting it here. I was playing a game a couple years ago, I'm pretty sure it was a ping pong game. I made a bad sudden movement and really hurt my arm! :p My wife thought it was funny, and it was, but I was pretty hurt for at least a week. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them?

I played Wii one time, and the person playing released it during baseball, and it hit me in the back of the head.... So yes.. lol, I think we all have been injured at least once playing Kinect or a Wii.

Fortunately I've never injured myself, but I have felt rather sore the next day after playing some Kinect games. For instance, my arms were sore for days after marathoning Fruit Ninja.

Sure have - I once hit the ceiling really hard that I smashed my hand. My daughter just last weekend hit her knuckles on the ceiling at a friends house. She left blood on the ceiling and she gashed her knuckles. She was playing Just Dance 3 on the Wii.

Well it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who's had this problem. I'm sorry to hear about your injuries though. At least we all survived these crazy experiences!

We have hit each other before while playing the tennis, because we everything is moving around. We are always so sore after a big marathon day of playing anything on the wii.

Well, since this is also the DS forum, I'll say I once was playing on my DS while laying on my bed. Head up, looking into the ceiling, holding my DS towards the ceiling. And then it slipped and fell on my face. I can't believe how much that hurt.

I haven't hurt myself, but I have friends that break controllers and TVs on a fairly regular basis :)

Well, since this is also the DS forum, I'll say I once was playing on my DS while laying on my bed. Head up, looking into the ceiling, holding my DS towards the ceiling. And then it slipped and fell on my face. I can't believe how much that hurt.

My boys have done that with their DS's, and then I crack up laughing until I drop my phone on my face with doing stuff with my phone while laying in bed at night. Then the boys laugh at me.

I remember being told about some woman who took out her eye or something when the controller spun into her face O_O. They banned the Wii for about a month before they gave up trying to hold us back and it went back on the market.

I've been hurt plenty of times -- usually on my face while I'm waving my arms around in disgust at the loss, lol.

Not the same manner of hurt as some of y'all have done, but I've held the DS wrong while playing so that my wife and I can both see it, and I've kept it in that position long enough that my wrists got sore.
I also remember playing Super Street Fighter II on the SNES until I got blisters on my fingers.

Kind of surprising that I've never hurt myself on the Wii, though. I think my buddy thought I was going to the first time I played Wii Boxing, though.

I haven't while using a system like Wii or Kinect.

I have hurt myself while playing video games in general, though. I've spilled things while raiding. I've left my wrists and thumbs in nearly locked positions from too much Nintendo time. I've hit my head when I threw myself back against the couch or whatever after losing a level, etc.

Once threw the controller at the screen so hard it bounced back and gave me a fat lip. Would looked funny as all get out if anyone would have been around. Does that count? It actually drew blood....

I can't describe the number of times I have hurt myself while playing the my DS. I've dropped it on my face numerous times, and it isn't even a regular DS, it's an XL. That's quite the experience, I tell you.

I stubbed my toe while walking around playing my Gameboy as a kid. I'm sure that's not the only times I've hurt myself while playing games, but it's the only example that comes to mind.

I once smacked my best friend right in the face while swinging the remote. It's not like they didn't warn us that this would happen sooner or later, so it was kind of funny, at least for me.

Yes, I have gotten into some accidents, but not severe. I usually just bump my knee or foot, but sometimes the pain is excruciating. It lasts for about 10 seconds but eventually it goes away.

My wrist has gotten tired from be playing too intense. I was playing a boxing game and I was really working the controls hard! I ended up hurting my wrist a little but, but i was fine.

Back