Have you ever hurt yourself while playing?

I have not hurt myself with playing any console really, except for the very common wrist and eye strain that gamers get. When I was younger though, I did hurt someone else with a Sega Megadrive controller. I was playing Sonic and someone walked in, made me die, so as a sort of knee-jerk reaction I threw the controller off his head, that looked quite painful, bad decision on my part.

I've gotten a few strained finger muscles here and there, but never anything serious, hahaha.

I'm going to treat this as a general video game hurt thread.
And I have to say I sprained my thumb while playing on the PS3, I can't remember the game exactly but it required to move the analog stick fast in different directions to move a boulder or something.. Pretty stupid... But yeah :p

Besides my hands getting sore from constantly having the controller in my hand when I play certain games for hours I've never injured myself playing a game. I mean unless, you're playing the Wii, I don't see exactly how you could injure yourself playing a game. Still, even though I have a Wii, I always make sure that my surroundings are clear whenever I play a game that requires motion controls because most of the time I play games using the GameCube controller.

I have definitely done so in the most comical ways possible. I usually get sore hands after playing games for too long, but often or not I will be injured accidentally beforehand. I play a lot with my sister, and when she doesn't win she sometimes wants to tussle a little bit. Otherwise though, I am also good at accidentally dropping my controller on my foot or something in the midst of a game, always leading to that lovely feeling you get when you drop things on toes. :(

Lol! That is funny, I've done it!

I don't remember actually ever hurting myself physically while gaming but, I have played for so long on occasion that I went to bed with a bad headache.

Does that count?

I'd think that counts. Eye strain can be a big problem with gaming, too! :p I mean of course they go to great lengths in instruction manuals and the like to tell people not to overwork themselves, but honestly I don't think anyone listens to those anymore. XD

I have never hurt myself badly while playing Wii, but there has been a couple times that myself or my sister lost the wii-mote. My sister, in particular, gets very crazy when it comes to games. She waves her arms about like a strange plane hoping that it will some how affect the player on the screen and when it doesn't she tries harder. Then things get worse sometimes.

We were playing playstation once and she somehow launched the game pad across the living room. It was the strangest act of aerodynamics I've witnessed when it comes to a control pad.

Back