Xbox One How Developers Use "the cloud" and Halo Will Have a Large Cloud Computing Presence

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
I have discussed the IaaS and PaaS benefits in many threads before, but find that many still are still hesitant about the computational effectiveness of the Azure cloud. Gamers have been left out of the loop, the Azure cloud and even the Xbox one implementation has not been really covered on anything other than straight tech sites.Rather than spoon-feed, I'm going to go straight into using cloud processing/storage directly from the Xbox one. Many of you are only here for Halo. ctrl+f if that's all you are interested in, no judging.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1gsrf5/how_developers_use_the_cloud_and_halo_will_have_a/

Yeah, but i think the problem still remains. We ain't in a movie where we press a button and we have constant internet connection speed at high values, with no lag whatsoever, so the idea of cloud gaming as a whole is still a little too soon to be put to use. Maybe for small things, sure, it might work, but as an excuse to pull restrictions on console, that is just evil.

Yeah, but i think the problem still remains. We ain't in a movie where we press a button and we have constant internet connection speed at high values, with no lag whatsoever, so the idea of cloud gaming as a whole is still a little too soon to be put to use. Maybe for small things, sure, it might work, but as an excuse to pull restrictions on console, that is just evil.

This is not true at all, the optimal speed announced is 1.5 MB/s(easy speed for anyone with broadband.) and coupled with the memory move engine can push a serious amount of data from the cloud. It was never going to used for low-latency calculations but non-time sensitive calculations are perfectly fine for it and can free up power for the local hardware.

This is not true at all, the optimal speed announced is 1.5 MB/s(easy speed for anyone with broadband.) and coupled with the memory move engine can push a serious amount of data from the cloud. It was never going to used for low-latency calculations but non-time sensitive calculations are perfectly fine for it and can free up power for the local hardware.
I thought they said it was 1.5 mbps not mega bytes but bits becuase I saw them compare the 1.5 to the world average witch is 3.5 to 4 mbps not MBps, I dont know I could be wrong or misinterpied it becuase that little detail makes a big difference in speed.

Back