How Do You Feel About "Games With Gold" Right Now?

turklife

After the recent titles that were released for free under Games With Gold, I think Microsoft is definitely stepping up for their game. At first, there weren't all that many decent titles, only a couple good ones here and there, but things are getting better. I would like to know how you all feel about this service and what you would do to improve it if you could.

Yeah going to have to side with Hand here, I mean it is really pretty great and they have been steadily improving but PS+ has been doing it longer and with some pretty damn fun games. I would love to see it end up getting better but I can not say it will help much when compared to their enemy.

Honestly? I've been downloading them, but I wonder if/when I'll actually play them now that I have the One. It will be great when they bring this to Xbox One. Obviously now there aren't enough titles. I think Sony HAD to bring out the free games with PSN+ because the service was so ****ty for so long. Now that they are starting to catch up to Xbox in terms of quality, I think it's a good decision that Xbox started Games w/Gold.

It's been lame as hell so far other than like Dead Rising 2. Playstation Plus had **** offerings at first too, though. I'm hoping it picks up, so that Sony can't slack-off with their PS+ offerings.

I'll be able to give my feedback if I'm even allowed to download the games offered. Darn thing never lets me download them but enough of that. Just by looking, I think that Games for Gold isn't as good as PS Plus free games in terms of the games that are offered. Take January for instance, DmC, and Bioshock Infinite for PS Plus members but what do we got for Games for Gold?

It's honestly hard to compare right now being "Games with Gold" is in it's infant stage whereas PS+'s version has been out for awhile.
Having both systems I do see a huge level of disproportion and imbalance as of right now.

This month alone PS+ has given me DmC,(just released today) Bioshock: Infinite, and Don't Starve.

I don't doubt the possibility that Xbox has a chance to catch up.
They've given us Sleeping Dogs which is definitely a step up from the past offerings. Hopefully they keep up the level of quality from here.

Free games are free games, but honestly not all of the games are amazing, PS+ offers much better free games then Games With Gold does.

Free games are free games, but honestly not all of the games are amazing, PS+ offers much better free games then Games With Gold does.

I totally agree. I have PS4 and they do have better games.

Games With Gold is okay, but PS+ is better. I believe Microsoft will actually pick it up, but PS+ is already there.

I love Games With Gold, but I've noticed that people with PS+ are getting better, mostly recent games. I have both platforms, but not PS+ I've been thinking of getting that and dropping GWG.

I remember talking to my younger brother about this and he would mock me...as if I'm on Games With Gold.

GWG is fine. Not the best free game rewards program of the two, but you get a game worth getting every now and then.

I feel PS+ is better, but Games With Gold will catch. Maybe sometime this year. They have to really sweeten the deal.

If people are actually vocal to where Microsoft notices--like on their forum and Twitter they might stop dragging ass with the games.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I don't think that I will even be involving myself with it given that I don't play much right now.

Back