Xbox One i think my provider is throttling me back lol

220 billion? That's crazy! How have they got away with that?

I think when the internet first started to become popular, the ISP's could get away with a lot more than they can now, simply because it was new to a lot of people and they'd just go along with what the so called experts told them. These days that's changing. Well, I would hope it is anyway.

A lot of them to do that I think XFinity did it as well before I switched to Uverse but I'm not sure so I wont say for certainty. I don't really notice THAT big of a difference, but the fact is if you're paying for that package, you should get that bandwidth.

Throttling will go on, but I think that a lot of ISP's get away with it because the performance dip is hardly noticeable on one device. Add the drop in performance altogether though, say between one small town or city and it can be quiet significant.

The only way to stop it from happening is if the ISP's actually get punished for throttling their service, but at the moment it seems as if they are the ones that are holding all the power and there aren't that many rules and regulations in place to prevent them from doing it.

I think when the internet first started to become popular, the ISP's could get away with a lot more than they can now, simply because it was new to a lot of people and they'd just go along with what the so called experts told them. These days that's changing. Well, I would hope it is anyway.

I bet that this is the case with a lot of things and practices that these companies may have done early on. Just thinking about how much I knew back in the day, they probably could have walked all over and fooled me over and over if they really wanted to, and I am pretty sure they did, or at least tried. The good news is that consumer is quick to catch up, and spreading the word and awareness is certainly a good tool for those purposes. Thanks for sharing.

People these days are more clued up about technology, and a lot of the things these companies got away with in the past, they wouldn't be able to get away with now. It does make you wonder though how long things like this have been going on and just how much of these services have been restricted and we didn't even know.

For some reason my ISP makes my wifi a lot slower at night. Its especially annoying because I only have 2 MBps internet and its pathetically slow but internet here is expensive (I'm paying what's equal to about $900 per month for it ) and there's not much I can do about it at the moment. I recently upgraded to a $700 Linksys router and it seems to help with the signal part of things but gaming is still a big issue for me.

Interesting, for me it's the opposite. My internet connection slows down at peak hours like noon and the afternoon. My internet connection is at its optimal past 8 pm into the night. Like others my bandwidth usage causes me to be throttled by my ISP provider as well. My throttling usually occurs the most around the end of the month just before everything resets for the 1st.

Back