Xbox One Is the size of the console an issue for you?

BitesizeCrayons

I have my doubts that the new Xbox will be particularly large, but I recall the original Xbox being called out for being a bit too bulky. I personally didn't mind it at all, and as long as the console is adequately powerful for the time it is released, it can be the size of a microwave for all I care.

I dont care at all. Its not portable, so... It stays under my table, it can be as it wants :)

Aslong as I don't have to put the console on my lap I have no problem with the size at all. I just want it to perform well and exceed my expectations that's all.

No, so I don't think it really matters for consoles. If it's portable then yeah, but it's a console. As long as it wasn't gigantic, lol, it doesn't matter in my opinion.

Size really isn't much of an issue given that it's going to be sitting in the same spot for extended periods of time. Plus, it makes it easier for me when my mom gets angry - she doesn't want to throw the console around because it's too big (I've had a PS2 die that way).

With the current size of the slim version we have now, I think it's probably the perfect size for sitting on the entertianment centers of the general population. The only thing that might be changed would be to the cooling of the system. Maybe to add a better fan system that keeps the sound level down while keeping the temperture down.

I doubt that the next gen console will be that large, it has been noted by a well known microsoft blogger by the name of xbox loop that "the long-awaited console will be "far smaller", cheaper and quite Kinect-focused when it finally lands on our shelves." I found that within an article on Tech Radar. :)

I don't think the size of the console is an issue however no one wants a massive device sitting on their desk! Mine is out of the way and I only see the front, I would say the shape and look of the device is more important than the size - performance is key - looks are a bonus in my opinion. I'm not bothered about features I want better graphics and UE.

With the current size of the slim version we have now, I think it's probably the perfect size for sitting on the entertianment centers of the general population. The only thing that might be changed would be to the cooling of the system. Maybe to add a better fan system that keeps the sound level down while keeping the temperture down.

^This. I don't think slimming those down even more would be a bad idea. They should really stick to that size because I think it's perfect the way it is in terms of the size. A little increase on the size wouldn't hurt either as long as it will improve the console even better.

The size doesn't bother me too much, it's nice if it doesn't take up too much room but I'd rather that they concentrated on the overall quality of the console and the games that run on it than the aesthetics of the hardware. Larger might also prevent issues with overheating which is definitely more important than the overall appearance.

absolutely not. if it wasn't enough to deter people from buying he first system, the size of the new one will not be a deal breaker

Not really. I'm used to big consoles, ps2, ps3, 360 etc.

I don't see why they should make it smaller.

As long as they don't pull the original Xbox model again, i think my table can handle it just fine without throwing off the balance of the entire universe.

Seriously, what were they thinking with both the size of the console and the size of the controller for the original console? Bigger is better?

No, the size of the console doesn't matter to me at all. Size of the controller and crap like that does, though, since that's what my hands gotta mess with when playing games.

I really don't mind how big the new Xbox (or PS4) will be for that matter. So long as it is not gigantic, like the size of 2 Xbox 360's put together for example, but I highly doubt that.

As long as they don't pull the original Xbox model again, i think my table can handle it just fine without throwing off the balance of the entire universe.

Seriously, what were they thinking with both the size of the console and the size of the controller for the original console? Bigger is better?
Haha, who knows. The original console's size didn't get to me so much, and I thought it looked awesome aesthetically. The controller is a different story, though; that thing is almost as awkward as a Dreamcast controller. Somebody must have thought the average person in the Xbox demographic is the size of Andre the Giant. Luckily, it didn't take them long to realize that it wasn't feasible, and the "s" model, which became the standard controller, laid the groundwork for the improved 360 controller. This is another subject, but I think the 360 controller, save for the d-pad, is virtually perfect, so I'm extra thankful for the s model.

The size of the console doesn't really matter to me, only how it performs.

Well honestly size is not an issue. To me performance and features come first then I would talk about the size. If it's a big refridgerator with bad qualities then ill argue about size.

Back