Kojima is worried that Phantom Pain is to big to finish

Discussion in 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' started by redtycoonseras, Mar 6, 2014.

1. redtycoonseras

redtycoonseras New Member

Let me just start by saying that I don't even know what that means. Second, that makes me even more excited for the game and how large the world is going to be. Well narrowing down, it looks like the main campaign is huge and Kojima is worried that we might be turned off and not finish. I'm willing to take that risk.

Source: IGN

2. jstep

jstep Super Moderator

The D
    Clan:
    HBC
    That will be ridiculously interesting to see if his concerns are valid or not. I don't know...If the game is that amazing, I would play it for days on end and eventually beat it and be a happy camper. I'd be willing to take the risk too ;)

3. spark_777

spark_777 New Member

Hahaha. Man, he's making it the most epic MGS ever made. I'll admit, the first MGS games weren't the type you'd play for hours and not finish. You can finish them. But if what Kojima says is true, it's like he's added so much to Phantom Pain that we may be playing the missions a lot more than we think. Plus, remember the first major gameplay of Phantom Pain where you save Kaz? Seriously, he had to fast-forward that video. Seems there'll be more levels like that. And remember, he's giving us more freedom than the previous MGS games, so we can go Rambo, semi-Rambo, all-stealth, semi-stealth, lethal, smooth, rough, wait until it's night.... yup, lots of strategies for all of us! Hehehehehe, let's see how big it is soon, Kojima.

4. diamondback8

diamondback8 New Member

So it's going to be a Peace Walker for consoles, and more than that. Man, Kojima is going to be awesome for this. Finally, a game that we feel we cannot finish. I like that. Cannot wait!

5. thedoodseven

thedoodseven New Member

Hahahah. This is going to be awesome. Well, I'm getting Ground Zeroes soon so I may see a peek into what Phantom Pain will be like.

6. Fullmetalpanic009

Fullmetalpanic009 New Member

Nice, I love challenges. Bring it on Kojima.

7. knives0302

knives0302 New Member

This has a nice ring to it. Peace Walker for consoles. reminds me. I will probably play peace walker again on my PSP.

8. Dom0411

Dom0411 New Member

Oh yeah, I still have the copy as well on my PSP. Good thing I brought it with me.

9. Anomaly0302

Anomaly0302 New Member

More challenges on the game makes it a lot better.

10. thedoodseven

thedoodseven New Member

Oh yeah! This is going to be awesome. Cannot wait to get my hands on GZ and then Phantom Pain.

11. marthyrocks

marthyrocks New Member

You're right. Kojima's already ramping up the freedom. And like Peace Walker, we're going to be given the tools and it's up to us how to use 'em. From using our soldiers to just going it alone, it's gonna be the MGS where it's all up to us on how the job's done. Boom!

12. spark_777

spark_777 New Member

And don't forget the SECRETS. Kojima is fond of putting easter eggs and secrets in his games, so there's no telling what kind of secrets he's got pumped into the game. We might end up even playing, say, prototype versions of something or maybe giving us hints about how it's all connected to the previous MGS games and it might even let us play us levels only WE can unlock with scrutiny.

13. thecreed4life

thecreed4life New Member

Yup, the secrets. Kojima LOVES to fill his games with secrets. I'll be expecting that a lot. Doesn't even include the many, many, many hours of dialogue too.

14. diamondback8

diamondback8 New Member

Ah, yes, the secrets. Kojima just LOVES that. We're gonna have so many secrets here. Think: costumes, hidden dialogue, characters, levels, crossover chances.... MGSV Phantom Pain will have secrets.

15. thecreed4life

thecreed4life New Member

Exactly. Kojima has a knack for secrets. So if he thinks we're not gonna finish it for a while, then we're not gonna finish it for a while. haha.

16. Anomaly0302

Anomaly0302 New Member

Haha, makes sense, there a lots of hidden stuff on each game that he created.

17. Fullmetalpanic009

Fullmetalpanic009 New Member

Kojima and secrets, that always comes hand in hand. I hope he has something really cool for us this time which is better than last time.

18. Oldman Jr

Oldman Jr New Member

Canada
    Clan:
    TPG
    I dunno if that means that the campaign is massive or if there's just tons of side missions...maybe both? I dunno, all I know is that I adore the way Kojima handles MGS so I'm sure that we won't be disappointed.

EDIT: Also I'm excited to see if/where Johnny is :p

19. thedoodseven

thedoodseven New Member

Right? And this may be the first time Kojima's doing a full-scale Peace Walker-type game so I'm sure he has it all laden with secrets.

Hahaha Johnny xD Yeah, I wonder that myself. You know, I'm thinking... what if we see a young Johnny? You know, Johnny Jr.? Hahahah

20. spark_777

spark_777 New Member

Both is more like it. I mean, if it's taking Kojima this long to even get the game done (announced since 2012), then he's packing a lot of stuff in this game. The previous MGS games were more or less finish-able but this game may be the game he always envisioned MGS to be. The final MGS game he'll be making. So why not go big bang right?