Xbox One Lack of DVR control is disappointing

I'm hoping so since I don't want to have to switch between watching cable through the XB1 and simply using my cable box. Kinda defeats the purpose.

J

No control over the DVR because it is only an HDMI pass through.

I know that you can watch your cable through the xbox. But what if you have a DVR for cable? Also how do you watch on demand from cable on the xbox and so on

I seriously doubt that, Its main input is HDMI, and not any other including the DVR.

well, i have no idea. But common sense is telling that no, that's fairly impossible. But hey, they might be some connectors or exra plugs that might do the job. Be sure to google it, though

Well, that's sad news. To the last moment I hoped these where all rumors :(

Are people really looking into this whole DVR thing? I mean I can understand thats ur shows. But people need to relise that is stored on a completely different hardware. The X1 was not designed to become a DVR or control one. Just to help bridge the gap between games and entertainment. That would be alot of pulling and tugging for MSFT to let these television companies allow MSFT to control their DVR box. Maybe im wrong, just my 2 cents.

Are people really looking into this whole DVR thing? I mean I can understand thats ur shows. But people need to relise that is stored on a completely different hardware. The X1 was not designed to become a DVR or control one. Just to help bridge the gap between games and entertainment. That would be alot of pulling and tugging for MSFT to let these television companies allow MSFT to control their DVR box. Maybe im wrong, just my 2 cents.

Most people don't watch TV without it being a recording on their DVR. I don't just watch TV. I schedule recordings for shows I want to watch and when I get time I watch them. So while the TV live feature is cool. Its almost an inconvenience if I can't access my DVR and the pass thru port is pointless. I wanted x1 to be as it is advertised, my one stop shop to entertainment.

Most people don't watch TV without it being a recording on their DVR. I don't just watch TV. I schedule recordings for shows I want to watch and when I get time I watch them. So while the TV live feature is cool. Its almost an inconvenience if I can't access my DVR and the pass thru port is pointless. I wanted x1 to be as it is advertised, my one stop shop to entertainment.

technical speaking, it is extremely hard for the engineers to make your dream come true. it's way too much load on the system, hardware and new software. Issues will just explode with unsatisfactory comments involved. Just not worth it

technical speaking, it is extremely hard for the engineers to make your dream come true. it's way too much load on the system, hardware and new software. Issues will just explode with unsatisfactory comments involved. Just not worth it

what? I dont think you quite understand. They use the irblaster for tv, but not dvr...

Back