Xbox One Language app anyone?

thecreed4life

I had this idea pop up when somebody on the "Your dream app" mentioned about maybe having a learning app for his kid on the Xbox One. So that made me think: anyone up for a language app? Man, I'd like to have an app like that where I can learn Italian. :D

This one's a great idea. I'd love to have an app like this. I'm currently studying Japanese so yes, having an app in a console like XB1 would be supplemental. Sugoi!

This one's a great idea. I'd love to have an app like this. I'm currently studying Japanese so yes, having an app in a console like XB1 would be supplemental. Sugoi!

Nice, if they can make it happen why not. I'd love to learn how to speak Korean and Japanese.

Nice, if they can make it happen why not. I'd love to learn how to speak Korean and Japanese.

I've always wanted to learn how to speak Spanish for quite some time. I never got the chance to learn it in school even though they had it implemented way back.

A language app can work. I want to learn some Korean. I keep seeing the Korean characters in TV, import products and ads so why not?

Let me speak some Japanese! Yes, MSFT's got to give us the language app.

Haha, I hope they can also come up with an interactive tutorial where you can hear how they pronounce their words correctly.

Haha, I hope they can also come up with an interactive tutorial where you can hear how they pronounce their words correctly.

I really need that badly. I've been planning a trip to japan next month for probably 3 weeks so I guess it's something that would help me. I'm into youtube videos and books.

I'm actually kinda surprised that something like a duolingo app isn't a thing. Since all xbones have a kinect then they could use the mic for vocal stuff too. (I know they support it on the site but I haven't tried it)

I'm actually kinda surprised that something like a duolingo app isn't a thing. Since all xbones have a kinect then they could use the mic for vocal stuff too. (I know they support it on the site but I haven't tried it)

Haven't tried it as well. I guess it might work.

Never knew that you could use an actual mic for vocal stuff.

Wow, looking at the other thread, guys want to learn to cook and now a second language. I figure that stuff would last about 10 minutes with most. I might check out this language thing to see how the Kinect worked with it, but I'm not gonna pay for it or stick with it.

Wow, looking at the other thread, guys want to learn to cook and now a second language. I figure that stuff would last about 10 minutes with most. I might check out this language thing to see how the Kinect worked with it, but I'm not gonna pay for it or stick with it.

The "entertainment" aspect is already creeping at us, my friend. Haha. Yeah, would love to see a language app make good use of the Kinect. Imagine: the Kinect will detect how we use the words of the foreign language, and it evaluates the way we say our words! Hahah.

The "entertainment" aspect is already creeping at us, my friend. Haha. Yeah, would love to see a language app make good use of the Kinect. Imagine: the Kinect will detect how we use the words of the foreign language, and it evaluates the way we say our words! Hahah.

I agree. With the people around us today, there are those who can't speak english that well so it's an option to learn their language so you can understand each other better.

I agree. With the people around us today, there are those who can't speak english that well so it's an option to learn their language so you can understand each other better.

That could help me too. I've got a filipino cousin who doesn't speak english well. (actually he's half american). I wanted to learn their language for the longest time but I haven't had time to do it since it was so complicated.

That could help me too. I've got a filipino cousin who doesn't speak english well. (actually he's half american). I wanted to learn their language for the longest time but I haven't had time to do it since it was so complicated.

Hehehe. You want to learn the Filipino language? Ask thedoodseven. I saw in that thread "A sport that's not yet been turned into a game" where he revealed to be a Filipino himself. He said he's lived in the Philippine country in the last 23 years since birth so hey, you got a Filipino to teach you the language. But I wonder if it's complicated. Let's see if he'll see this thread and respond. As for the topic, yeah, it would help if the language app is geared with Kinect capabilities to help us out with our chosen language.

Hehehe. You want to learn the Filipino language? Ask thedoodseven. I saw in that thread "A sport that's not yet been turned into a game" where he revealed to be a Filipino himself. He said he's lived in the Philippine country in the last 23 years since birth so hey, you got a Filipino to teach you the language. But I wonder if it's complicated. Let's see if he'll see this thread and respond. As for the topic, yeah, it would help if the language app is geared with Kinect capabilities to help us out with our chosen language.

Hahaha. Very good, spark_777. You saw my response there eh? Sharp. And the language: it's complicated indeed but if you live here in the Philippines for maybe 1-2 years, you'll know how to speak it. Might not sound native yet but you know, you'll get it.

Hey man. Like what spark_777 said, yes, he's right. I'm a Filipino. But if you were to talk to me in person, you'd think I was born somewhere else. Ironically, English is my native language. I learned it as a kid, since my dad speaks to me in English all the time. I learned Filipino in school but deep down, English is my native language. I can tell you that while my Filipino is decent, even I find it hard sometimes, to the point that I have to ask my friends and family what some Filipino words mean XD haha. But though it is hard, I know of some foreigners who lived here for maybe 1-2 years and they're actually better in speaking Filipino than me XD Anyway, if you'd like to learn the language, I say you live here in my country for a while (1-2 years is good) and come with me. I can teach you how to speak Filipino decently. :-D Or go to http://www.filipinopod101.com/

I say you live here in my country for a while (1-2 years is good) and come with me. I can teach you how to speak Filipino decently. :-D Or go to http://www.filipinopod101.com/

I've got some filipino friends myself. I don't know half of what they are talking about because they want to tease me. Maybe I'd try the website out just to surprise them. Haha.

I've got some filipino friends myself. I don't know half of what they are talking about because they want to tease me. Maybe I'd try the website out just to surprise them. Haha.

Hahahaha. Ohohoho, you want to surprise them? Let them speak in their language and say this: Alam ko ang sinasabi mo Translation: I know what you're saying XDDDDD Yeah, say that and they'll be surprised ;-D Tell me how that goes. As for the swearing... eh, I'd rather not teach you those unless you know how to joke with it.

Hahaha. Very good, spark_777. You saw my response there eh? Sharp. And the language: it's complicated indeed but if you live here in the Philippines for maybe 1-2 years, you'll know how to speak it. Might not sound native yet but you know, you'll get it.

Hey man. Like what spark_777 said, yes, he's right. I'm a Filipino. But if you were to talk to me in person, you'd think I was born somewhere else. Ironically, English is my native language. I learned it as a kid, since my dad speaks to me in English all the time. I learned Filipino in school but deep down, English is my native language. I can tell you that while my Filipino is decent, even I find it hard sometimes, to the point that I have to ask my friends and family what some Filipino words mean XD haha. But though it is hard, I know of some foreigners who lived here for maybe 1-2 years and they're actually better in speaking Filipino than me XD Anyway, if you'd like to learn the language, I say you live here in my country for a while (1-2 years is good) and come with me. I can teach you how to speak Filipino decently. :-D Or go to http://www.filipinopod101.com/

Wow, didn't know that man. Man, hope you could be my teacher. I'd love to know a thing or two about how to speak your language 'cuz I know of some Filipino girls who I heard speak in your country's language one time. Man, talk about complication... couldn't understand a thing lol.

Back