Xbox One Language app anyone?

I'm studying Japanese now, and depending on how advanced the app is then I would love to have it as a supplement. It'd have to be really good though, no Rosetta Stone nonesense (which is totally useless and overly expensive for the service that they offer. I'm saying that I learned nothing). But on the Xbox One there's just so much that they could do with it.

I'm studying Japanese now, and depending on how advanced the app is then I would love to have it as a supplement. It'd have to be really good though, no Rosetta Stone nonesense (which is totally useless and overly expensive for the service that they offer. I'm saying that I learned nothing). But on the Xbox One there's just so much that they could do with it.

Wow. that's great. Well I really hope we get to have an app like the language app. Well Xbox One still has a lot of room to grow. More apps to come.

Wow. that's great. Well I really hope we get to have an app like the language app. Well Xbox One still has a lot of room to grow. More apps to come.

Yeah. Language app would be a great thing to add and some other apps. I really hope they can make a cook book app.

Hahaha. Damn, Rosetta Stone. Yeah, I had a friend's copy once. Screw that program. Never am I trying Rosetta Stone again. I'm not a kid anymore! Hahaha. Agreed, a language app for XB1 can definitely serve as a supplement.

I agree dood. I'm studying Japanese as well via Japanesepod101.com and having this app would be the supplement as well. And man, Rosetta Stone sucks. I tried the Japanese.... and man, I didn't learn a thing. Sentence structures, the meanings, the attachments... where were they? Nowhere to be seen. But Japanesepod101.com taught me, in just a few lessons, the essential sentences and words. Now at least I catch some words and sentences without the need for subtitles when I watch anime or J-Drama/Comedies. Yes, language app for XB1 will rock! No more Rosetta Stone!

I agree dood. I'm studying Japanese as well via Japanesepod101.com and having this app would be the supplement as well. And man, Rosetta Stone sucks. I tried the Japanese.... and man, I didn't learn a thing. Sentence structures, the meanings, the attachments... where were they? Nowhere to be seen. But Japanesepod101.com taught me, in just a few lessons, the essential sentences and words. Now at least I catch some words and sentences without the need for subtitles when I watch anime or J-Drama/Comedies. Yes, language app for XB1 will rock! No more Rosetta Stone!

I used to study japanese using books that I have, now I just practice it whenever I watch anime.

Wow, same here man. I also use Japanesepod101. Agreed, Rosetta Stone is nothing. They make you learn by learning the language as if you're still a child... uhm, how are you going to learn how to write the 3 Japanese writing systems, the grammars and all the other aspects? Yup, language app is a supplementary necessity for us gamers who are studying other languages. With Kinect, oh yeah, it'll help.

Wow, same here man. I also use Japanesepod101. Agreed, Rosetta Stone is nothing. They make you learn by learning the language as if you're still a child... uhm, how are you going to learn how to write the 3 Japanese writing systems, the grammars and all the other aspects? Yup, language app is a supplementary necessity for us gamers who are studying other languages. With Kinect, oh yeah, it'll help.

The best phrase that I know in Japanese is Itadakimasu. haha. Love food.

I remember the library had Rosetta Stone installed on all of the computers to help people learn different languages. Note this was at a time that MySpace was big and no one was studying anything other than MySpace. Not a good program to use. A language app on Xbox One could work though. I would use it.

I remember the library had Rosetta Stone installed on all of the computers to help people learn different languages. Note this was at a time that MySpace was big and no one was studying anything other than MySpace. Not a good program to use. A language app on Xbox One could work though. I would use it.

Those were the old glory days. Well it's about time we have something new right?

Rosetta Stone was no good...and they pushed the hell out of trying to get people on board with it lol. I think an app on Xbox One would work--mainly because even using video games on handhelds can help. I'd put My Spanish Coach on DS over Rosetta Stone (not a knock, MSC actually helped brush my Spanish up a bit and I was surprised by how much I actually remembered from high school even though I don't use it).

A language app would be great! It could work in tandem with Kinect once it becomes more precise with accents and dialects.

A language app sounds like it would be one of the most useful ones. You're actually learning something from something that is used to play games and other entertainment mostly. That's a big plus to me.

A language app would be great! It could work in tandem with Kinect once it becomes more precise with accents and dialects.

Most definitely. It has to have accents and dialects down. I've gotten frustrated with some language programs that suck with my accent.

Back