Major game comes "free" with Xbox One

ozadin

There is a rumor floating around that there will supposedly be a free game that comes with the Xbox One, and that free game could be a major one. Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, or any other anticipated game? Hopefully it's not something like Kinect Sports Rivals or Fighter Within, and something for the Xbox One instead; maybe Fable could be the potential title. It is also announced that the game will be an exclusive by Phil Spencer, and it will be announced at Gamescom.

A source with knowledge of the deal, who wished to remain anonymous, said the developments were part of Microsoft's goal of adding value to its system without lowering its £429 release day price.

Via CVG

7548831f485b1ef7555bcf56b8a3955a.gif

Well, the rumor sounds like it's from an European source and well... it's been announced and the game in question is FIFA 14. I wonder if America will get a similar deal?

Nothing is "free" when it comes to video games. It would be a bundled thing where they throw the game in with the console and controller when you purchase it. It might sound like a rumor, but it would be a nice incentive to people to buy an Xbox One to find out. I have to applaud the creative thinking of Microsoft in this.

Nothing is "free" when it comes to video games. It would be a bundled thing where they throw the game in with the console and controller when you purchase it. It might sound like a rumor, but it would be a nice incentive to people to buy an Xbox One to find out. I have to applaud the creative thinking of Microsoft in this.

I'm with you on this one - free games are free games but there is more than likely ulterior motive to this. Maybe the game in question didn't test well with focus groups and they want to get rid of a bunch of stock before the mass release? Just speculating with my tin foil hat here hehe

Forza would be an interesting game to bundle though, seeing as (if I recall correctly) they have done that before in the past.

Lets say they give you a voucher for a single game download - what game would you be spending it on? I think I'd probably spend mine on Titanfall... that game definitely looks like it's going to be my first pick up.

I'm skeptical myself. Either America won't get the same deal or its as was pointed out, an actual bundled package. Which I suppose could be considered getting a free game technically ;)
Ohh man I'd love to get Forza. The last Xbox bundle we got came with Lego Batman.

I wonder what game would it be? Is it going to be Dead Rising 3? I guess, we will see in near future :)

Well, the rumor sounds like it's from an European source and well... it's been announced and the game in question is FIFA 14. I wonder if America will get a similar deal?

Yep that sounds like a likely scenario, they will probably include some other game with it but if they did in Europe then I don't see why they wouldn't do it in America and elsewhere.

Honestly I can see it being K.I. only because the game fully is only like $20.

There is a lot of free to play video games announced for the Xbox One, the thing is, they are all pay-2-win, so whatever they say about being major or not, it doesn't matter.

As already mentioned EU is already getting FIFA 14, but I wonder if US will get a similar deal or not.

And I'm pretty sure that even if they do get a free game it would most probably be a free digital download rather than the disk. Gotta cut costs wherever you can, amirite? :p

i have not read an article specifying usa free yet.. i have read a few articles hinting on the microsoft quote from the euro free game release post/article.

i think some playes are posting it will info let out so they can write a 2nd article in the near future when the full microsoft release comes out. the euro free release wasn't a 100% confirm on which game or if it was 100% in stone at this point. it also seems the companies leaving out the info post pro ps4 info and are going to twist the article in the end about them leaving the us market out.

just my ideas above.

It's hard to bundle free games in a brand new generation launch. Microsoft has to pay for those games in hopes it boosts consumer appeal. Post launch bundles are easier since the money has been made and pure profit is to be attained.I think Europe got Fifa because of the major disappointment of Xbox One's not being able to launch in certain countries. Seeing a bundle in the US would be nice though I doubt it.

Watch it be a play on words, and its really a game featuring Major Nelson. He's on a quest to save PR face and dodge flames doing so.

i havn't read an article that says in other markets but europe.

Phil Harrison confirms that all European Xbox One preorders will come with a free copy of EA's FIFA 14.

In a deal with Electronic Arts, customers in Europe who pre-order the console before Christmas will receive a free digital copy of Fifa 14. Those who have already pre-ordered an Xbox One will also get a digital copy of the popular sports sim.

European customers will enjoy the newest version of the footie franchise for free "while stocks last," the company confirmed at the Gamescom trade show in Germany -- a move that's surely designed to fend off competition from Sony's cheaper PlayStation 4 console.

the only one that hints on us market getting fiff is this one.
Each new Xbox One console sold in Europe (and perhaps the US) will come free with the title that alone will retail at £40 or higher, in an attempt to kick away at the £80 premium Xbox One has over Sony's PS4.
and hear is the title from the same writer/source
Microsoft has signed a landmark deal to bundle a "major third-party title" free with every Xbox One launch system across Europe, CVG understands.

so im going to go with a big no on the usa market getting fifa.

Yeah, while it is great that Europe gamers will receive FIFA 14 for free when they purchase the Xbox One, I really don't see a similar deal being offered to those of us who live in North America or other countries either. If we do happen to get a deal, it will probably be some type of Kinect based game or something, like a game that doesn't hold too much value.

I was thinking if we do it will more than liekely be Killer Instinct since its only around $20

I'm with you on this one - free games are free games but there is more than likely ulterior motive to this. Maybe the game in question didn't test well with focus groups and they want to get rid of a bunch of stock before the mass release? Just speculating with my tin foil hat here hehe

Forza would be an interesting game to bundle though, seeing as (if I recall correctly) they have done that before in the past.

Lets say they give you a voucher for a single game download - what game would you be spending it on? I think I'd probably spend mine on Titanfall... that game definitely looks like it's going to be my first pick up.
What might influence my decision to buy the Xbox One is probably going to be how they approach older games from the Xbox 360 and maybe the Xbox. Kind of funny that for the Xbox One, it's not like the PS1 in that it's the first. It's more like the third. Expect people to be confused by that.

As for games, I'm not sure what one I'll want. I'll have to look into it a bit more before I make a choice.

Lets be honest though £100 for fifa 14 and kinect totally not worth it, kinect is not even good really seriously no one really will use it they just want to play a game like fifa or cod.

Back