Xbox One Make Twitch Private?

AB9100

Does the Xbox One have this feature?

I do not want random people to see the streams. Only people i specifically allow. I think it is really weird to let random people watch my stream. It would be nice to stream with multiple friends, and not have to worry about weirdos watching us. That way we can be totally secure that we talk about personal stuff.

I may be paranoid, but this is a major concern of mine. Does anyone know if this possible?

I do not want random people to see the streams. Only people i specifically allow. I think it is really weird to let random people watch my stream. It would be nice to stream with multiple friends, and not have to worry about weirdos watching us. That way we can be totally secure that we talk about personal stuff.

I may be paranoid, but this is a major concern of mine. Does anyone know if this possible?

I haven't tried checking for options like that yet. But I guess there is a way.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be worried about it.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/127805-xbox-broadcast-twitch-streaming-now-available-on-xbox-one

Here's your answer. You can make a private party for your streams. Hope this answers your inquiry.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/127805-xbox-broadcast-twitch-streaming-now-available-on-xbox-one

Here's your answer. You can make a private party for your streams. Hope this answers your inquiry.

that's for party as in the xbox chat system. OP wants their complete stream to be private which isn't possible on twitch anymore.

So ya sorry, odds are that since your not known you'll prob have no viewers other then friends unless someone decides to go all hipster and got to the low viewer count xbone streams haha

that's for party as in the xbox chat system. OP wants their complete stream to be private which isn't possible on twitch anymore.

So ya sorry, odds are that since your not known you'll prob have no viewers other then friends unless someone decides to go all hipster and got to the low viewer count xbone streams haha

Yeah, I second this. So as long as you don't make yourself the new PewDiePie, yeah, you're good. But if you're really, really in need to make it private.... then don't stream at all. *Sigh* privacy isn't valued in the web these days.

Huhm, you shouldn't be that paranoid about it - I doubt if anyone would like to "stalk" you, srlsy.

you'd think that but those low 10-20 people streams can get super weird even if you're a guy, let alone a girl haha

Yeah, I agree man. You can't really trust anything that's online these days.

I just read something on this site about a 5 year old cracking the security of his dad's console. That could be really something. If a kid could break it what more if it were an adult. That's why I don't post anything on streaming sites.

That's really something man. A kid cracking it just like that. I wonder if that kid is a genius or something like a natural hacker. Haha. I might need some lessons from him. Lucky dad.

That's really something man. A kid cracking it just like that. I wonder if that kid is a genius or something like a natural hacker. Haha. I might need some lessons from him. Lucky dad.

That just proves that Microsoft's security is still imperfect.

Why would I want a thing like this? It doesn't make sense at all. Twitch should never get private.

Why would I want a thing like this? It doesn't make sense at all. Twitch should never get private.

Well, for people like AB9100, maybe they have a reason for it. You have to realize some people want some features they can't get.

There was a time when the full Twitch (browser based) would allow you to set it to private with viewers needing a password. It was the same system used by the sister site Justin.tv, really. On one hand I can understand why Twitch shouldn't be private: it's a streaming site where people are meant to watch you play and from the Justin.tv company's side of things, public streams are plus for advertisement sake. On the other hand, a private stream would keep you from having to deal with trolls. Like sure as admin you can block or kick them or allow your mods to do that in a chatroom, but you shouldn't have to bother with the spamming or comments.

On that same hand, I've been a mod in MetalSwift's Justin.tv old stream (80s and 90s cartoons and Xena) and there's something eerie about people who join and say nothing. They just lurk and you can see them there. In the case of Twitch, it's the same only you might have your actual video up for people to see you.

you'd think that but those low 10-20 people streams can get super weird even if you're a guy, let alone a girl haha

My point exactly.

There are some real weirdos out there, and i do not want to have to deal with that. i am surprised that this is not possible. It seems like such a logical feature. I would have thought Microsoft would have considered this. I will not be broadcasting any streams until Microsoft deals with this issue.

Who knows when that will be. Microsoft has been off their game recently. I will have to wait, and see.

Back