Xbox One Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes gets price cut on Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Konami is dropping the price of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes by $10, from $39.99 to $29.99 for both the retail and digital versions, the publisher announced today.

That cut brings the PS4 and Xbox One versions' price in line with the physical last-generation versions of the game. Ground Zeroes will sell for $29.99 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 at retail, while those versions will cost $19.99 on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Games Store.

via Polygon

Well it's good to see that Konami is playing it smart and listening to consumers prior to launch. It's no surprise that many were upset that the game was reported to be very short and yet cost $40 on next gen consoles as oppose to $20 on last gen digital and $30 on disc. I myself have already decided to simply rent the game and not purchase; granted MGS 5 : Phantom Pain will be a day one purchase for me. I'm sure the price cut will gain them plenty of sales that would have been otherwise lost. Has this change your opinion of the game? Will you be picking this up next month? Let us know in the comments!

It's better but $30 still seems too much for me to consider picking up what we seems to be a very short game.

Well, that's good to hear but still, $30 for a game like this? Nope, I've decided to skip the game. It's all right, Phantom Pain is getting developed I can wait. But if hits a sale, I'll go for it.

Yeah, good to hear but I don't think it's worth taking at this point. $30 is still too much. I'd rather just skip it for the moment, if I know someone who has it I'll just borrow it instead.

Yeah, good to hear but I don't think it's worth taking at this point. $30 is still too much. I'd rather just skip it for the moment, if I know someone who has it I'll just borrow it instead.

Still skipping the game even if they lower the price.

Good idea. Yeah, might borrow it as well. I'm sure some of my friends will buy it since they're die-hard MGS fans. But I do hope it's the retail, not the digital.

Good idea. Yeah, might borrow it as well. I'm sure some of my friends will buy it since they're die-hard MGS fans. But I do hope it's the retail, not the digital.

Well yeah, borrowing it would be the best choice. Since, after all it isn't worth the money.

Just borrowed it from a friend for the 360. He said it was only an hour long but had no problem shelling out the $30 and thought it was worth it. Hockey game tonight, but will definitely be checking it out this weekend! :) <---This is why I like staying with the disc-based games versus digital and if you're going to buy digital I really feel there should be a small price break!

My nephew just bought this game, but I decided to skip it. I used to love the Metal Gear Solid games but the last one to come out didn't impress me and after hearing about how short the campaign is for this one, I just don't want to pay more than about $20 for it.

My nephew just bought this game, but I decided to skip it. I used to love the Metal Gear Solid games but the last one to come out didn't impress me and after hearing about how short the campaign is for this one, I just don't want to pay more than about $20 for it.

I agree. But still I might have to get it, they said that Kojima added some of peace walker's feature to the game.

In my case the price cut is a good thing for me. Now I will have no excuses to get the game.

Just borrowed it from a friend for the 360. He said it was only an hour long but had no problem shelling out the $30 and thought it was worth it. Hockey game tonight, but will definitely be checking it out this weekend! :) <---This is why I like staying with the disc-based games versus digital and if you're going to buy digital I really feel there should be a small price break!

Yo, yo, yo! So, how's the game girl? Good? Worth it? Better to borrow it? Wait-worthy? Let' us know!

For $30, if you're a fan of MGS, I'd say it's worth it. I haven't even started on the other four or five missions. Hey, I spent $20 on the season pass for Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead, so $30 for this I would be fine with. If you're unsure about it though, I'd just wait a bit and buy it used once the price goes down a little. :)

That's what I'm doing. I love the Metal Gear series, but if I'm going to blow through this in an hour or two, I might as well wait for it to come down to a reasonable price. $30 is still a little high for me.

Back