Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes gets price cut on Xbox One

Discussion in 'Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes' started by KN1GHTMARE, Feb 25, 2014.

1. KN1GHTMARE

KN1GHTMARE Super Moderator Staff Member

NJ
    Clan:
    SSJ
    via Polygon

Well it's good to see that Konami is playing it smart and listening to consumers prior to launch. It's no surprise that many were upset that the game was reported to be very short and yet cost $40 on next gen consoles as oppose to $20 on last gen digital and $30 on disc. I myself have already decided to simply rent the game and not purchase; granted MGS 5 : Phantom Pain will be a day one purchase for me. I'm sure the price cut will gain them plenty of sales that would have been otherwise lost. Has this change your opinion of the game? Will you be picking this up next month? Let us know in the comments!

2. Doukou

Doukou New Member

Bellevue, WA
    It's better but $30 still seems too much for me to consider picking up what we seems to be a very short game.

3. marthyrocks

marthyrocks New Member

Well, that's good to hear but still, $30 for a game like this? Nope, I've decided to skip the game. It's all right, Phantom Pain is getting developed I can wait. But if hits a sale, I'll go for it.

4. Dom0411

Dom0411 New Member

Yeah, good to hear but I don't think it's worth taking at this point. $30 is still too much. I'd rather just skip it for the moment, if I know someone who has it I'll just borrow it instead.

5. Anomaly0302

Anomaly0302 New Member

Still skipping the game even if they lower the price.

6. thecreed4life

thecreed4life New Member

Good idea. Yeah, might borrow it as well. I'm sure some of my friends will buy it since they're die-hard MGS fans. But I do hope it's the retail, not the digital.

7. Anomaly0302

Anomaly0302 New Member

Well yeah, borrowing it would be the best choice. Since, after all it isn't worth the money.

8. jstep

jstep Super Moderator

The D
    Clan:
    HBC
    Just borrowed it from a friend for the 360. He said it was only an hour long but had no problem shelling out the $30 and thought it was worth it. Hockey game tonight, but will definitely be checking it out this weekend! :) <---This is why I like staying with the disc-based games versus digital and if you're going to buy digital I really feel there should be a small price break!

9. momo

momo New Member

My nephew just bought this game, but I decided to skip it. I used to love the Metal Gear Solid games but the last one to come out didn't impress me and after hearing about how short the campaign is for this one, I just don't want to pay more than about $20 for it.

10. knives0302

knives0302 New Member

I agree. But still I might have to get it, they said that Kojima added some of peace walker's feature to the game.

11. Dom0411

Dom0411 New Member

In my case the price cut is a good thing for me. Now I will have no excuses to get the game.

12. Anomaly0302

Anomaly0302 New Member

Hmm. Tell us about your experience with the game as soon as you tried it. It might change my opinion.

13. Damnlag

Damnlag New Member

Give it time and it will cost as low as $5 eventually during a weekly sale years down the road like some of these games I bought last week :p

14. ragnafable11

ragnafable11 New Member

That's something that all of us wish. Well that could probably happen in 2 years.

15. spark_777

spark_777 New Member

That's gonna happen. It will happen. Nothing will be impossible to see this game suddenly become $5.

16. diamondback8

diamondback8 New Member

Yo, yo, yo! So, how's the game girl? Good? Worth it? Better to borrow it? Wait-worthy? Let' us know!

17. thedoodseven

thedoodseven New Member

I don't have the game yet but yeah, now that jstep has it, we gotta see her reaction from it!

18. Fullmetalpanic009

Fullmetalpanic009 New Member

I'm positive we will hear some positive feed backs from people who have tried it probably within the month.

19. jstep

jstep Super Moderator

The D
    Clan:
    HBC
    For $30, if you're a fan of MGS, I'd say it's worth it. I haven't even started on the other four or five missions. Hey, I spent $20 on the season pass for Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead, so $30 for this I would be fine with. If you're unsure about it though, I'd just wait a bit and buy it used once the price goes down a little. :)

20. Bradbury

Bradbury New Member

That's what I'm doing. I love the Metal Gear series, but if I'm going to blow through this in an hour or two, I might as well wait for it to come down to a reasonable price. $30 is still a little high for me.