Xbox One Mighty No. 9

Dom0411

From Mega Man, a new game coming out on the 2nd Quarter of 2015.

[video]http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/17/mighty-no-9-hits-console-stretch-goal[/video]

From famed Mega Man creator creator Keiji Inafune comes Mighty No. 9, a side-scrolling action game that takes the best aspects of the 8- and 16-bit era classics you know and love, and transforms them with modern tech and fresh mechanics into something fresh and amazing!

You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a mysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through a variety of stages, tackled in any order you choose. Our hero Beck earns new weapons as he defeats each of his fellow Mighty Number boss robots, but more than that, his body itself can also reconfigure into new shapes, allowing for all kinds of new skills and abilities! Using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies, you must take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!

This project is being developed as a PC release, with further versions of the game to be considered as the project moves forward.

Release Date: Q2 2015

Looks better tha MM ever was plus it's coming out on everything. Looking forward to it.

hope it lives up to the hype.. allot of people are expecting great things.

Yeah, I hope it does live up to the hype and I hope it surpasses the success that Megaman had. Most of the concepts on the game was taken from Megaman with the exception that his whole body can transform, which is way cooler. I can't wait to see more of this game.

Looking forward to the game. It looks quite better compared to megaman. I just hope it does better than the classic Megaman series that we used to play and love. I'm glad they did stick to the same format as what megaman had.

Looking at the success of Megaman through the years I guess this too will get to that level. I've played almost all the games related to megaman and Zero. haha. even the older versions when I had SuperNES. That was probably the first game console that I had.

I see it being successful, but not at that level of Megaman (which is like a truly legendary series). If it goes on for several years I see it being a huge success since it's sticking with a familiar formula.

I see it being successful, but not at that level of Megaman (which is like a truly legendary series). If it goes on for several years I see it being a huge success since it's sticking with a familiar formula.

Well yeah, megaman as a legendary game is given, but it would be cool if it did surpass megaman's popularity. We just have to wait and see how it goes.

I agree. it would take years for this game to be as successful as Megaman.

It's nice seeing a game based on the old school version of Megaman. But it's still hard to top megaman even now. I mean, Megaman is a legend. It's always popular to anyone around who has been playing games. But hey, if this game works really well, it might eventually rival megaman.

It's nice seeing a game based on the old school version of Megaman. But it's still hard to top megaman even now. I mean, Megaman is a legend. It's always popular to anyone around who has been playing games. But hey, if this game works really well, it might eventually rival megaman.

It might be hard to say, but I think this game deserves a fighting chance. I wish there was like a mash up to compare both megaman and mighty number 9.

It might be hard to say, but I think this game deserves a fighting chance. I wish there was like a mash up to compare both megaman and mighty number 9.

I think if they will have something like a mash up between Megaman and Mighty no. 1 it would be quite a disaster since Megaman will as always turn out to be more popular. I think this game needs more time to evolve in a way.

Hmm. Which reminds me. Will there be a new Megaman or maybe a Zero game? I haven't seen any news on it since the last one I played. I guess they're putting all their efforts on this game. But I want to see a sequel to it.

Mighty No. 9 is trying to raise $900k on Kickstarter. With over $700k raised in just 24 hours, it’s clear that they’ll smash through that goal without much trouble. The only bummer: no matter how quickly they hit that goal, we won’t be seeing Mighty No. 9 until 2015 at the earliest. They’re only promising that the game will run on the PC, at first, though they pledge to port it elsewhere if they raise enough cash.

I guess they're planning on investing a lot of resources over this new game and they haven't thought of creating a new megaman game.

I'm looking forward to this. Capcom's such a jerk for not giving us a new awesome Megaman, so at least Inafune is giving us something almost similar to Megaman. I really hope this new game can kick some ass!

i beleive game informer has an article about this game. its small but gives a storyline of what it is going to offer.

I see. Well, definitely looking forward to this game. A spiritual successor to a game that pisses me off so much 'cuz I keep dying due to its challenge? Sign me up!
Games for masochists are the best, Mega Man and the Souls series are proof of this!

Especially those first few Mega Man games where Mega Man had pretty bad jumps. As a matter of fact, you could go with any 80s-early 90s Capcom game. Capcom had bad jumps and leaps of faith, Konami had the jump back after being damaged, large enemies, and an assortment of projectiles flooding the screen, and so on.

Back